HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am looking for a handgun to use in WA 1500 PPC competitions. For the ones of you that are not familiar with, it requires shooting from different positions (standing, kneeled, prone, baricade) on a target at various distances (7, 15, 25 and 50 yards), and each string is against a time limit.
The restrictions on the gun is barrel no longer than 6" and trigger in SA not lighter than 3lbs.
HK USP Elite seems to fit the specs, unlike many other sport guns with lighter triggers.

Do you have experience with it in similar competitions, will it be able to hold against other guns out there if the shooter is competent enough?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi guys,

I am looking for a handgun to use in WA 1500 PPC competitions. For the ones of you that are not familiar with, it requires shooting from different positions (standing, kneeled, prone, baricade) on a target at various distances (7, 15, 25 and 50 yards), and each string is against a time limit.
The restrictions on the gun is barrel no longer than 6" and trigger in SA not lighter than 3lbs.
HK USP Elite seems to fit the specs, unlike many other sport guns with lighter triggers.

Do you have experience with it in similar competitions, will it be able to hold against other guns out there if the shooter is competent enough?
Haven’t shot it in competitions but I recently acquired an Elite in 45 and with the Matchweight, it’s incredibly soft shooting, with almost negligible muzzle rise. Good for shooting strings. I am awed and amazed at how accurate it is. I have been able to shoot 10 shot groups at 25 yards with all shots touching. Unfortunately, the sights are horrible, at least for my eyes so I attached a green laser which is very useful indoors. Won’t help you in a competition and outdoors but it was a work around for me . If the sights work for you, go for it. It is an incredibly accurate gun and very easy to shoot. Do you know if they will let you shoot with a comp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven’t shot it in competitions but I recently acquired an Elite in 45 and with the Matchweight, it’s incredibly soft shooting, with almost negligible muzzle rise. Good for shooting strings. I am awed and amazed at how accurate it is. I have been able to shoot 10 shot groups at 25 yards with all shots touching. Unfortunately, the sights are horrible, at least for my eyes so I attached a green laser which is very useful indoors. Won’t help you in a competition and outdoors but it was a work around for me . If the sights work for you, go for it. It is an incredibly accurate gun and very easy to shoot. Do you know if they will let you shoot with a comp?

Thanks for the info, BTW your gun looks dope with the weight on! Compensators are forbidden along with barrel venting and ports, but I just dropped them an e-mail asking whether this type of weight as you have counts as compensator, or just the ones that use gas, and come in front of the muzzle, are forbidden.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I used to have an Elite. I also use the Expert for competition. On both, the totally black sights are hard on my eyes. I installed a green fiber optic front sight and painted a small white dot on the adjustable rear sight, centered under the rear notch. I just align the two dots in a figure 8 and find that for me it's quick and easy to aquire my sights like this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used to have an Elite. I also use the Expert for competition. On both, the totally black sights are hard on my eyes. I installed a green fiber optic front sight and painted a small white dot on the adjustable rear sight, centered under the rear notch. I just align the two dots in a figure 8 and find that for me it's quick and easy to aquire my sights like this.
I like your idea on the sights. Do you happen to remember what fiber optic front sight you used? I’d like to swap out my front sight but want to make sure it’s about the same height as the stock sight. Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the info, BTW your gun looks dope with the weight on! Compensators are forbidden along with barrel venting and ports, but I just dropped them an e-mail asking whether this type of weight as you have counts as compensator, or just the ones that use gas, and come in front of the muzzle, are forbidden.
It’s a good question, wonder how they will respond. This is really just a weight that acts like a compensator but not sure that it really is classified as one. Let us know what they say

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting idea, thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like your idea on the sights. Do you happen to remember what fiber optic front sight you used? I’d like to swap out my front sight but want to make sure it’s about the same height as the stock sight. Thanks
Sadly, I don't. However, any Tactical height front sight should do as the rear sight is adjustable

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You would probably be better off going with something like this S&W PC or a CZ75 TS if your funds are limited.
Indeed a TS would work if I can find it used, as they don't import new anymore in our country, just TS2. The issue with TS2 is the trigger is 1.5-2 lbs, and being a new gun there is no clear way to increase that.
I am not familiar with the S&W, I will check it out, thanks for the tip!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts