HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy another firearm and it's between the Elite .45 and Expert 9mm w/jet funnel. Both are $1200. Which one would you go with?

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
It's a toss up for me. It would all depend on how many pistols I have in each caliber at the time and what I just felt I "needed." At this moment, I probably have more 9mm pistols than I need, so it would be the Elite .45.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I just purchased a NIB Expert 9mm with jet funnel 18 that I will be picking up on Monday. I am looking for an Elite .45 but they seem more difficult to find than a P7. lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just purchased a NIB Expert 9mm with jet funnel 18 that I will be picking up on Monday. I am looking for an Elite .45 but they seem more difficult to find than a P7. lol

That's why I was leaning towards the elite because there's not many for sale out the while experts are plentiful. Just wish I could find a 9mm elite.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Looking to buy another firearm and it's between the Elite .45 and Expert 9mm w/jet funnel. Both are $1200. Which one would you go with?
Elite 45.
Expert 9mms are easy to get.
Elite 45s? Not so much.
Get the Elite while you can.
Then get an Expert anytime you want.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have both, and I'd probably go with the Expert 9mm, just because I prefer 9mm to 45.
I'd pick an Elite 9mm easily over the Expert 9/45, though.
Barth is right that the Elite 45s have a better chance of holding value due to being more scarce.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Given my avatar, my bias is plain. That said, how can any of us know which you should buy?

You appear to know enough about the guns; after that it's totally a matter of what *you* like and what you intend to use it for. 9MM vs. 45 preference?, higher or lower capacity?, race gun with the jet funnel for games? longer sight radius for maximum slow-fire accuracy? etc. At this point there's not much more to say beyond "get xxxxx, you'll like it!" (although I do believe the "buy both" comment was a worthy addition). :wink:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Given my avatar, my bias is plain. That said, how can any of us know which you should buy?

You appear to know enough about the guns; after that it's totally a matter of what *you* like and what you intend to use it for. 9MM vs. 45 preference?, higher or lower capacity?, race gun with the jet funnel for games? longer sight radius for maximum slow-fire accuracy? etc. At this point there's not much more to say beyond "get xxxxx, you'll like it!" (although I do believe the "buy both" comment was a worthy addition). :wink:
I just asked which one do you guys like better/prefer. I didn't ask anyone to pick it for me.

·
Registered
842 Posts
45 is outdated and belongs in the era of the 1911 and MK23. Heavier, less rounds per mag, more expensive to shoot, and these days 9mm even suppresses better with the heavier bullets. Also, being rare doesn't make it better... give it time, im sure HK will stop production of the Expert again, and they will be just as hard to find.

Get an expert and don't look back! 18 rounds of 9mm, zero recoil, insane accuracy, less bullet drop when you push those rounds out, near half the price for a case of ammo, and if its for defense, not many are walking away from 124 or 147 gr JHPs. Im likely biased because every time I get a 45, its sold within a couple weeks, but for me, I just don't enjoy shooting them nearly as much... but I do admit the older I get, the less I like recoil and noise. Find my thread on the USP Expert write up, I have two and sent one out to get a RMR installed and already have the Jarvis threaded barrel for it!

Im sure I will get flamed for disliking 45 ACP, but it just doesn't serve a purpose in my world.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts