HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

First time poster here. I have a line on a USP 9mm from a local pawn shop. There are a few high quality pictures from the ad but I'm going to check it out Monday. It will be my second firearm purchase and my first HK. Any insight on what I should be looking for? Tips are appreciated. Even if this doesn't work out Im looking forward to my first HK and participating in the community.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No specific concerns, mostly just looking for advice on buying a used HK and if there is anything in particular to look out for.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Welcome to a great forum. I would say if it looks in good shape and a fair price getnit. The usp is an amazing gun. This is a great forum, welcome again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the date code on it - if it's older it'll be missing some features that modern USPs have. Beyond that, shouldn't be any issues as long as you check for basic function.

This is a good thread to go over for some overview info:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/130041-beginners-buyers-guide-hk-usp-series-handguns.html
Thank you for this! After a little reading it seems like the gun I'm considering was made in 1994 as it has a "ke" designation. It seems that this is the first year of the polygonal barrel but it still had the old style trigger.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
I would look for a more recent USP model. Being the first year in production and many changes have taken place over the years, you will have quite a challenge when the time comes to convert the triggers, adding parts, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The price is WAY too high. I'll walk in there with a lowball cash offer. If she takes it great. If not my search will continue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Used mint 2015 USP .40 at my LGS for $589 right now that I'm probably gonna buy in a few hrs. You can find them new for about the price they're asking. I'd move on.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The ad lists for 750, when I called she said she could do 650.
She could do $450 because she didn't give the poor schmuck who pawned it anywhere near $450.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
She could do $450 because she didn't give the poor schmuck who pawned it anywhere near $450.
Shes probably tripling the money at 750 and at least doubling at 650. 450 should work if you went cash in hand and walk out for 550 or so

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts