HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the grip on the full sized USP is bulky? I've got a pretty small hand but want to get a full sized gun.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I love my USP but it is going to be bulky for someone with small hands, particularly the .45 variant. My wife and my best friend, who both have much smaller hands than do, have shot most of my HK pistols and they both greatly prefer the P2000 and P30L grips over the USP.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Also, be very aware that the USP grip texture is very aggressive to the uninitiated. It can be a cheese grater!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have medium/large hands, I wear a size large glove and the USP45 grip is slightly too large for me. I sold my USP45. On the other hand my USPc45 grip fits well. My HK45c grip also fits well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The 9/40 USP Compact grip is slimmer than the fullsize USP 9/40 grip. While I shoot well with both, I prefer the compact for concealed carry and the fullsize for USPSA/Steel challenge/other competition shooting.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
USP 45 full size is a large pistol, I have a very large hand so it fits me well, the USP Compact 45 would probably be a better fit for you, it is one of my favorite USP, it is larger than this USP Compact 9mm pictured with my full size USP 45...get a USP Compact 45....you won't regret it....ever!

USPx2.sm.jpg

Reactions: 0311S

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I have both a USP45 and USP9. I love them both, but my USP9 does fit my hands better. I wear large gloves and while I have no issues holding the USP45, after extended firing times I notice I adjust my hands to hold it comfortably more often. I never have that issue when I fire my USP9. That slightly smaller size makes a difference for me.

Reactions: Kost
1 - 8 of 8 Posts