HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
Descending into HKoholism
472 Posts
So, why don't the USP an VP9 need short reset parts? Oh, because they were designed right the first time.
Here is the link to the model for USP: https://grayguns.com/product/hk-usp-hk45-short-reset-system/
In my limited experience, HK45 has the shortest reset compared to USP, P2000, and P30.

As for VP9, it works on entirely different mechanics (striker fired), and if a system to shorten the reset is designed one day, it will have to be completely different to match that.

Unless of course, you were asking a rhetorical question. :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Shipping notification...Yay...Did some counting and need a total of 13 more if they are worthwhile + 5 LEM Kits... Double yay... #trigger goals

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
From Grayguns site:

"-Shortens trigger reset travel distance by approximately 33 percent
-Converts the action to drive the sear directly off the safety lever – instead of transferring energy through the drop safety catch – for a direct drive connection between the trigger bar and sear
-Reduced trigger over travel values
-Maintains all factory safety functions"

What part of the Latch reduces overtravel? Is this how others do a 'internal overtravel stop'?
Also curious about the 'Converts the action, drive sear off safety lever' (Latch)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Long time lurker here.
I am thinking about picking up one of these.
I just got a reply from an email I sent to GG. They said that P30 version will work with V3 DA/SA and Lem V1/V2 but will not work with LEM V4.1.
Would anyone, more familiar with the internals dynamics of the P30 care to guess/elaborate on why this might be the case? I would of thought since the V4.1 and GG SRT kits don't share parts that they would work together.
Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Long time lurker here.
I just got a reply from an email I sent to GG. They said that P30 version will work with V3 DA/SA and Lem V1/V2 but will not work with LEM V4.1.
Would anyone, more familiar with the internals dynamics of the P30 care to guess/elaborate on why this might be the case? I would of thought since the V4.1 and GG SRT kits don't share parts that they would work together.
Thanks
I had a similar reply to a email I sent. They said they are going to update the website with additional models the kits fit since they received so many questions.

·
472 Posts
I had a similar reply to a email I sent. They said they are going to update the website with additional models the kits fit since they received so many questions.
I was wondering whether this can be combined with V4.1. Well, that answers it, and luckily I do not have any V4.1s :) + :-(
Thanks for posting this, as saves the same emails constantly being circulated to GGI.

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
Long time lurker here.
Thanks
I highly doubt their answer regarding the V4.1 LEM.

The only part that might be remotely affected by their custom Control Latch is the Catch. The V4.1 LEM Catch is slightly longer than the one in other variants (V1, V2, V3) and it is the end that catches the hammer. The rest of the V4.1 Catch is identical to stock Catch so if their kit works with other variants, why can't it work with the V4.1 LEM?

Would someone please email them back and ask them if their kit would work with a V0, V4, or V-TGS. I am curious to hear their response. lol

·
Registered
721 Posts
^^^THIS. Not good if it's true. One of the kits I ordered is for a P30 that has the 4.1 already installed....

·
Registered
2 Posts
To the compatibility with the LEM 4.1 guns. I emailed GG today asking if their short reset system has been installed with a 4.1 and is known not to work or if they've not installed the two toegether and it's unknown if they are compatible. I have the GG SRS in the mail to me and all my P series are LEM 4.1. I'll at least attempt to install and see if the pistol functions. I get that the 4.1 Catch and the SRS shouldn't directly interact but I'm wondering if there are timing issues using the two in combination. We'll see. I'll post back with my results but it may be a week or two.

ETA - Received email response from GG confirming they have tried their SRS with the 4.1 and they will not work together. No details on why. Email did say they are working on a 4.1 specific SRS but no ETA. Guess mine is going back to GG.

·
472 Posts
My order arrived today. I will install at least one SRS tomorrow and shoot it on Sunday. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Installed it and the gun would not fire unless I applied pressure on the right side of the slide towards the left. Not sure if the control latch I received is out of spec. Emailed Grayguns Friday night with a video. Will have to wait until Monday to hear from them. Very disappointed

·
Registered
402 Posts
I’m glad these are getting into people’s hands. I cannot wait to get some real world feedback as my ONLY complaint with my V1 P30’s is the long reset.

To those that ordered thank you for being the Guinea pigs and please let us know what your experiences are

·
Registered
721 Posts
You’ d Think a company with such a decent track record would have t&e’d their product. Furthermore that they would have posted that their product wouldn’t function with the popular 4.1 module... not a great start to invoking confidence....

I personally ordered without hesitation due to the reverence that has always been associated to their brand...

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,739 Posts
You’ d Think a company with such a decent track record would have t&e’d their product. Furthermore that they would have posted that their product wouldn’t function with the popular 4.1 module... not a great start to invoking confidence....

I personally ordered without hesitation due to the reverence that has always been associated to their brand...
Why do you think they released them and are now fielding 'upgrades' to the problems discovered by the FIRST USERS. A big thank you to all of you who are the guinea pigs of most new products.

There is no other way I'm aware of the get that many people using their product other than releasing it to the public and then fix what ever problems come up - and just hope none of the problems are major.

That has been the model by Microsoft and Apple and, and, and all sorts of other companies who don't want to (or can't afford to) properly test their products FOR YEARS before they release them.

It is just a fact of life these days.

·
472 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Installed it and the gun would not fire unless I applied pressure on the right side of the slide towards the left. Not sure if the control latch I received is out of spec. Emailed Grayguns Friday night with a video. Will have to wait until Monday to hear from them. Very disappointed
I just installed all of my kits. Probably it took fifteen minutes on the first one and then less than ten on the last one.

On P2000, P30, and HK45, the only thing I needed to remove in addition to the original latch was the disconnector.
On USP I had to take out the catch as well to be able to pull out the latch.
In all cases I did not have to push the pin through the sear fully, so on the LEMs, I did not have fiddle putting back the legs of the spring.
The effect on USP and HK45 is less pronounced, just because their reset is short to start with, but on P30 and P2000 it is quite the reduction.

Here is the part where comes the "but"... On P30s, the DA works just fine, but in SA pulling the trigger does not drop the hammer.
I tried applying extra pressure here and there with inconsistent results until I figured out that if I push the trigger bar out, then everything works. Of course, that is impossible to do with the slide on the frame.

I do not know if P30s is indeed the affected model, it is just the one that has the problem for me. Everyone who is hitting the issue should specify what kind of a gun it is, so we know if it is specific to one of the latches models.

Next thing I am sending an email to GGI too.

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
Here is the part where comes the "but"... On P30s, the DA works just fine, but in SA pulling the trigger does not drop the hammer.
I tried applying extra pressure here and there with inconsistent results until I figured out that if I push the trigger bar out, then everything works. Of course, that is impossible to do with the slide on the frame.

I do not know if P30s is indeed the affected model, it is just the one that has the problem for me. Everyone who is hitting the issue should specify what kind of a gun it is, so we know if it is specific to one of the latches models.
Seems like you both are experiencing similar issue with the P30.

Did the kits come with any instructions?

21 - 40 of 119 Posts