HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot put into words how satisfied I am with both my USP Full Size and compact .45 pistols. Can anyone explain to me the difference between variant V1 and the LEM?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
This has literally been covered dozens of times. I will once more type the short answer but if you want more you are going to have to do two things. First, learn to use the search feature because frankly, I get tired of retyping the same old answers on an almost daily basis, and go to the home page of HKPRO, look up the world of HK, then go to the USP series and do some more reading. You will learn a lot more than getting it pieced together from a dozen different posters.
Short answer.
V1 standard, SA/DA, safe, decock. Can be carried cocked and locked, hammer down safety off, or hammer down safety on. DA pull is about 10 pounds. SA pull about 5 pounds. With the hammer down, first shot is DA then rest are SA.
LEM, when you chamber a round you pre-load the hammer spring but it is not fully cocked. When you pull the trigger you have between a 5 and 8 pound pull depending on LEM variant. Normal is V2 at about 8 pounds of pull. You have the same trigger pull each shot, first to last, and the act of pulling the trigger fully cocks the pistol and fires it. Cycling pre-loads the hammer spring again. All shots are DAO but are obviously much lighter than the standard DA pull of the standard V1 USP. The LEM retains repeat strike capability.
V1 DA reset about a half inch.
V1 SA reset ~.254 inch.

LEM DAO trigger reset .300 inch. First shot take up is about 1/2 inch but trigger pull first to last is the same weight with the long take up on the first shot only, following reset is the .3 inch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big Bore Wisdom

Thank You Big Bore! I will definitely take your advice in regards to the search functions of this forum. I appreciate your patience and answers. As a newer HKPRO member I can say the knowledge I continue to gain from logging in daily is awesome!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts