HKPRO Forums banner

HK USP looks

14K views 121 replies 71 participants last post by  ghosthk 
#1 ·
Is it me or do the USP pistols tower above all other HK offerings in the aesthetics department? Something about the shape of the slide and the grip and how they come together give it a timeless, utilitarian yet somehow exotic look. All other Hk pistols look somehow...diminished in front of the USP models. Too busy, too clunky, too much of the time period they were developed in. Or maybe it’s just me [emoji848]

Which is your favorite looking HK pistol and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#21 ·
Yes, the USP has always called to me. Maybe it's being a 90's kid and playing Rainbow Six, maybe it's just that beautiful.

I agree, except for if you compare the P30L to any other modern brand polymer pistol, I think it has them beat as well with that cool batman grip and the different slide angles.

View attachment 295675
The funky grip and slide angles and lines are what I dislike on the P30, especially the grip. I like the USP better (and yours are great!).

#26 · (Edited)
I wasted my time today going to two shops to look for a USP. Never got my hands on one yet.
I’ve managed to score 5 USPs in the last few months. I don’t have a problem, I can stop anytime [emoji38]

3 of them off of Gunbroker, 2 private local sales. The trick is to always be looking online, almost compulsively. The chances of finding one in a shop (at least here in CA, are just about zero).

Also, keep in mind that some of the prices on Gunbroker are outrageous. But once in a while, a new one will pop up for right around MSRP or below. The lowest I found was a brand new Elite for $930. Highest I’ve paid so far is $1099. Don’t pay $1500 for a USP [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#36 ·
I'm quite partial to my standard USP40 as far as looks go. I have a TLR7A on mine. Simple and serious. My compact 9 is tied for second with my 40T. Compact 9 is clean and simple. The 40T just looks too tacticool for me not to like. I would like to get it milled for an Acro, though, especially with the O2 coming out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.