HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
About the same value as a standard USP .45 now in my opinion. No mods to the gun the value would be about 2000 plus if the serial number to the frame and barrel matched.

You essentially just have a shooter now.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Isn't that the rare first version of the Match weight? If so, that really blows that someone screwed it up like that.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
How much did you actually pay? Doesn't look bad. Would love to get my hands on a Match.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Replacement barrel is a super easy fix.

I would really like to do a run of match weights. I think a good amount of people would be down to pick them up for the cool factor of they were priced right.

Thoughts?

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I would not say a replacement HK match barrel is a super easy fix unless $500 plus is easy for you. An aftermarket barrel, sure, but not an HK, and that is IF you can find one. The guy must be an abortionist to have done that to the pistol. The old style engraved weight is garbage now so far I would be concerned. He ruined an easily $300 match weight, a $500 barrel, and made a $2K pistol worth, well, less than a standard USP IMO.
What an idiot.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
People never seize to amaze me. Sad for such a superb gun. Look's just like a shooter value wise..I would love to find one just to have a unique piece!! Any gunsmith should have warned him or a home butcher. Hope you can get some work done to make it some better...

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Cut down barrel and off center holes, full of burrs, drilled into the weight. :eek:

Ouch

ETA- Have you removed the weight and looked at the pistol's dust cover? I wouldn't be surprised if the moron that did this drilled through it while it was on the pistol.

·
Registered
253 Posts
And here I made the comment on a local gun forum that I would not worry about buying a used HK because anyone smart enough to buy one would not be dumb enough to jack one up.

I obviously stand corrected.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Hello Sir, dust cover is undamaged.
That's at least good to hear.

Collector wise the match weight is a total loss, but you might be able to have a competent gunsmith cut down and re-crown the stock barrel in lieu of buying a replacement.

However, I would probably just drop a replacement USP .45 barrel in it and junk the stock barrel and match weight.

Sad story anyway you slice it.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Take the weight to a smith and fill those disgusting holes and refinish it. As for the barrel, give Jarvis a call. This is not a total loss, ladies and gentlemen.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Robar can probably fix and refinish that match-weight in a snap. . . the barrel is the real issue. It is that extra-long barrel serial # matching the frame and the slide that makes the whole pistol a "Match". If you get another barrel, it's serial number will not correspond to the rest of the pistol.

Maybe, and this is a big maybe, the barrel can be hacked off at the chamber, and another HK barrel welded up to it. This way you would keep all the matching serial numbers correct. Give Bruce Gray a call and ask his opinion.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I guess I would give $650 for that jacked up piece of crap and be happy that I could use it for parts. I can't imagine what kind of positive plan the dude had in his mind. Could he possibly think that he was improving on intensive German engineering? That is a total baffler. And to think that I worry about my screwdriver slipping on a screw.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Removed all the pics, comments and whatnot?

Why?

·
Banned
188 Posts
He was SCARED. He couldn't DEAL.

I was really looking forward to an HK makeover :'(

1 - 20 of 47 Posts