HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
At 3:15 he starts talking about nickel plate and new and old (original) Matches. HK Match USP 45 - YouTube

He also uses the term compensator for the Match weight.

Is there a new and old style match?
He may be referring to the etched vs. painted MATCH" on front of compensator. HK only offered the Match in Stainless, not nickel.
A few discepancies, but still an informative video in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never even seen anyone advertise painted or etched in a FS ad. I don't recall a buyer asking either. It can't matter that much.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I've never even seen anyone advertise painted or etched in a FS ad. I don't recall a buyer asking either. It can't matter that much.
Painted on "Match" looks cheap and an after thought in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
The Match and the Expert are two entirely different pistols. The weights are just weights, NOT compensators. No such thing as a nickel Match, stainless and HE finished steel only just like the standard USP.
There are two match weights, engraved and paint filled and painted on. No difference in function but the first ones were engraved and they do show up from time to time and demand a premium for THE COLLECTOR. They offer no functional value over the painted on style.
The early Match pistols came in a cardboard box with two mags and the other Match associated items. Later they came in the black or gray soft case like the Tactical, Expert, and later Elites did (first ELites came in the Euro hard metal case), the Mark 23 was the only one I know of that came from HK in the camo case.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There are two match weights, engraved and paint filled and painted on. No difference in function but the first ones were engraved and they do show up from time to time and demand a premium for THE COLLECTOR.
Is there any info on when the switch to painted on vs. engraved occurred? My KH came with the black case and the engraved weight. So it was "earlier" and "later" with what it came with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts