HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. ive been taking a bunch of courses out at front sight and am finally at the level that im ok to take the handgun combat master prep class to take the master test which only like 33 people have passed in history..... but besides my problems with bowling in the high speed presentation and my trigger control of a double action lem trigger im having a problem with my sights.

we have to take these shots from the holster at very high speeds about 1.0 at 7 yards and on from there.... so they teach you only to concentrate on the front sight, but my problem is that there is so much damn play in between my front and rear sights side to side im having a ton of trouble with my accuracy at speed. now my dad has a stock 1911 commander and im fine with the sights becuase they are very low profile hieght wise and there is very little play side to side... but i look around online and the only sights ive found for usps seem to be taller than the ones i have. does anyone know of very low profile sights for the usp that have minimal play side to side between the sights?

btw i know that more practice with the sights make me fine, but i want to make it easier on myself.... im leaving for basic next monday on the 17th and i wont have much time to practice before my next class, so i want to get these things ordered now so i have time to practice when i get back.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ditto, I run Heinie's on my Tactical Glock 34, 9mm (front night only) with plain rear, on my SIG 220 in the straight eight night sight pattern, and also they were on a Glock 30 that I recently sold. They give an outstanding picture, probably a secondary choice would be Novak's, but Heinie gets the first nod in my book for a serious target sight. Heinie serrates the face of the sights to cut glare, this helps far more than one would think if you're shooting during the day, they mount low to the slide and have a smooth sloped profile to be snag resistant. They can do the install for you and return 2nd day air, so you're out your slide less than 1 week total. On the 220, I had the front sight painted orange around the night sight for fast pick up in daytime shooting scenarios, my eye finds it and locks on target in a heartbeat. Run of the mill duty and carry guns in my collection get the mepro yellow/green treatment.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've never used the 'Straight 8's', but I do prefer the style to 3-dot setups.

I use the XS standard dot's, which is pretty similar.

I find the style to allow a quicker sight picture than 3-dot sights.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like to have a bunch of play (light) between the sights; all I have ever heard is that more (light) equals faster target acquistion. But, to each his own.

I am waiting for MMC to send back my usp 45 with the adjustable tritiums. The sights seem to be pretty low profile for being adjustables. I ordered the green front with blue rear dots. I can't wait to get them back.

I don't know how you can get more low profile than the factory fixed sights? They seem pretty low to me already.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well have you seen the stock commander sights. theyre less than 1.16 tall and fill pretty well side to side.

i like those hienis tho they have tapering on the sight which would help a lot it seems. how much wider or narrower is .125 than the stock sights?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts