HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just wonder if anybody know which kind of steel (material) is the USP slide made off?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I tried looking and the best answer I could find is the good old "using the highest quality steel" references.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well that pretty much clears it up. :wink:

I would guess Mordor Steel, forged in the fires of Mt. Doom.
But it's just a guess.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
USP slide is a forged piece made of hardened 'Ordnance Grade' carbon steel

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Unobtanium!

·
Registered
518 Posts
They are delivered to the Germans by the hands of an alien god from a much more advanced society millions of light years ahead of our time. They come finished and all since we can't penetrate the material here.

·
Registered
628 Posts
There's a cave in Iceland where USP slides grow on the sides of the walls. Its an organic material, but is so hard that the only think that will scratch one is another USP slide.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
It's also important to note that the slide is precision machined from a solid piece of steel bar stock. It is not stamped, molded, extruded or any other such cheap non-sense.

I remember seeing pictures on this forum of a USP slide "in the raw" and in various stages of completion. I have been unable to find these pictures since. If anyone can post them up or have a link I would appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
It's also important to note that the slide is precision machined from a solid piece of steel bar stock. It is not stamped, molded, extruded or any other such cheap non-sense.

I remember seeing pictures on this forum of a USP slide "in the raw" and in various stages of completion. I have been unable to find these pictures since. If anyone can post them up or have a link I would appreciate it. :)
That sounds a bit more realistic than my explanation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts