HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
What would you pick for a host suppressor gun and why?

USP Tactical. Its a better gun all around. Very very accurate. Ability to carry condition 1. Much better finish. Not finicky- Sigs...atleast my old ones all required lots of lube to work right. Oh yeah, their control locations SUCK too.

Lots of people have suppressed USP's. Proven design, especially suppressed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
USP Tactical. Its a better gun all around. Very very accurate. Ability to carry condition 1. Much better finish. Not finicky- Sigs...atleast my old ones all required lots of lube to work right. Oh yeah, their control locations SUCK too.

Lots of people have suppressed USP's. Proven design, especially suppressed.
Couldn't say it better than that... I am actually looking at getting either or BOTH a USP Tactical .45 and a USP CT .45 for myself and then get a silencer for them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd say you really can't go wrong with either. The USP is a little bigger so if you have smaller hands that could be a factor. I own both Sig's and HK's but I prefer the factory threaded HK's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Neither is superior to the other. The finish on the 220 is actually very excellent. I would expect accuracy to be comparable. Capacity is really the major difference. I would let ergonomics and personal fit be the judge. The SIG P220 fits me a lot better than the USP, and the control locations on the SIG do not suck. It is very ergonomic.

Tim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sig Pros
-All Steel, No plastic
-Same price as USP Tactical
-Raised Night Sites
-Rail that will fit lights, lasers, combos, etc. w/out an adaptor
-Cool Color Combonation
-Lifetime warranty

Sig Cons
-Heavier Gun
-New model, so not combat proven
-No adjustable sites
-No Match Trigger
-No o-ring barrel

HK Pros
-Lighter Gun
-Combat Proven
-O-ring Barrel
-Adjustable Sights
-Match Trigger
-Lifetime warranty

Hk Cons
-Expensive compared to the Sig
-Need an adaptor to fit lights, lasers, combos, etc.
-Half Plastic compared to Sig's all steel
-No night sites

Both fit my hand quite nicely. I don't plan to use any of these large guns for concealed carry but as a range gun w/ suppressor. Perhaps, use the gun as a Secondary Weapon in a tactical training class. So far, the HK is edging out the Sig just by a hair.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you have a large hand, or use a high thumb position, beware the Sig. I have not shot one yet where the slide locked back on the last shot because my thumb is in constant contact with the slide stop. I prefer the HK for many reasons but a few main ones are the control locations and the higher capacity. If you want an accurate steel frame handgun with an 8 round magazine, get a 1911. If you want a high capacity combat handgun, get an HK.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I actually thought the prices were quite similar. Maybe a $100 more for the HK, which really isn't a big deal when you're spending that much to begin with. Don't forget the SIG combat comes with 10rd mags, but of course they don't fit flush like the HK 12rd.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't forget the SIG combat comes with 10rd mags, but of course they don't fit flush like the HK 12rd.
You can also get 10 round mags for a 1911. As you can tell, my preferences are HKs and 1911s ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well he wanted a gun for a suppressor and since he was asking about a HK tactical and SIG 220 combat, they would work better since they already come with threaded barrels. I prefer 1911's also but I think the look dumb with cans on them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wow I am suprised there has been so much sig support on HKpro. I have a tactical and have been really happy with it. My brother just purchased the sig 220. I personally feel most of the pros and cons have been covered. I think the sig is a great pistol and would have no reservations about owning one at all. However I personally feel Sig came up short on the pistol by not putting adjustable sights on it and I also dont like the color. Hk also came up short on the tactical by not putting night sights on theirs. The one last thing to consider is what type of silencer you are going to be using. My tactical will function with a non-boostered can (gemtech blackside). While the Sig seems to have issues with a non-boosterd can. This is ok because my brother uses the Sig with an AAC Evolution which has a booster. Both pistols shoot great, and I think it just comes down to personal preferance and what options fit your needs best. IMO there is no wrong choice.

·
Registered
134 Posts
For a full size I went with the USP SD9 and for my .45 I went with the USP CT with the raised night sights althought the aren't ajustable. I looked at the 220 combat several times I just never got a good feel for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For a full size I went with the USP SD9 and for my .45 I went with the USP CT with the raised night sights althought the aren't ajustable. I looked at the 220 combat several times I just never got a good feel for it.
Most likely, I'll be taking the same route as you. I need a new 9mm host gun for my EVO9. But, I'll probably buy the USP Tactical Full Size so I can buy the KAC can for it. Bling Bling!!!

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
My choice - I have a .45 Tactical in this color, the Sig has alot going for, the Heckler & Koch has more tho.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts