HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered and will recieve today my night sights for my USP Compact .45. My question is I have heard of people putting these in themselves, is that recommended by anyone here who had done it before, or should it go to a gunsmith? I dont want to damage either the sights coming out, or obviously the new ones. Yesterday, with considerable help from TooSixy, I swapped out the bobbed hammer, to a thumb hammer, and it is night and day. Now I love the gun even more. The reason I mention this is I can get my way through most gun issues if its not that hard. But the sights I have no idea of its level of difficulty. I dont have a gun smith very close too me(15 miles). Thanks.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
If you have a vise and a plastic or brass punch, you can replace them yourself. Trijicon and Meps do not require fitting to fit on a USP.
It's much easier, if you have an HK sight pusher, but it costs $120+ for one, however. If you have only one set of sights and never changed them before, I would say have a gunsmith do it for you. Just make sure he knows what he is doing. :wink:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Has anyone ever used or owned the Universal Sight Tool Remover/Installer that they have on Midway for $120.00 approx. I read alot of the reviews and they say its the best thing since the wheel. Also, can you send a gun to HK to have them install the sights?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts