HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
m6x

I also have a M6x, but i purchased the GG&G adapter. It does seem to fit a bit forward, but i always just hit it with my other hand anyways. never used a tac light before, so I don't know if this is normal.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The answer is simple...Promag is the problem. They don't make anything that isn't crap.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I had a similar problem using GG&G's original rail adaptor (which was almost identical to the ProMag) with a picatinny BLAST-2 on my old USP45. I also tried doing a little dremmel work, but what actually ended up working very well was using a thin black zip-tie length-wise around the unit and the rail. It wasn't quickly removable, but it was very solid and it looked just fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a similar problem using GG&G's original rail adaptor (which was almost identical to the ProMag) with a picatinny BLAST-2 on my old USP45. I also tried doing a little dremmel work, but what actually ended up working very well was using a thin black zip-tie length-wise around the unit and the rail. It wasn't quickly removable, but it was very solid and it looked just fine.
I guess the only solution would be a thinner back plate... But I want to make sure that it would work before getting that part. There's also a contoured remote switch available, but because of the adapter the M6X is lower than it should be, so I'm not sure the contour would fit properly...

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Pro-mag is mass produced junk. The GG&G adapter is the way to go. Your USP deserves the best. ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the original GG&G and it stunk. So I did this to my USP... Not suggesting you do it, but it worked great for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had the original GG&G and it stunk. So I did this to my USP... Not suggesting you do it, but it worked great for me.
WoW! Nice clean job! Tempting...

I figured out what is wrong with my setup : the only backplate provided with the M6X is the long gun's. I'll have to get a toggle like yours.

How did you cut the groove? (dremel???)

·
Registered
40 Posts
go GGG

the gg and g adapters are the best. They fit right up and don't shift or rattle. Go there and be done with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't get me wrong; it's not the adapter that wobbles a bit it's the M6X because there's a part of it foward of the adapter due to the "long gun" backplate that is too thick and interferes with the trigger guard. So the M6X does not fully fit on the adapter's rail.

Besides that, there's no problem with the adapter. It fits tightly on the USP rail and when it's not on the gun and I can fully fit the M6X on it, the fit is tight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Get the GG&G slimline from Botach Tactical, that's about $10-15 cheaper than what I paid for mine. It's a top notch hard use product, very well made. http://www.botachtactical.com/ggm3adforhku.html
BTW Botach can't ship to Canada... I just tried to order the rocker backplate and when the order was completed the "live help" sales person who told me they could ship it, told me the intl rep said that they couldn't.

·
Registered
534 Posts
VERY nice job on the frame! How close did you come to cutting thru on the cross cut? I think that I am going to give it a try. I am suprised that gunsmiths are not offering this "conversion".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys, just to give you an update : I solved my issue! I just got the rocker backplate and the way it's made thinner than the long gun backplate and the way the rocker switch contours the trigger guard allowed the M6X unit to be moved a little bit backward on the rail and to fit properly on it. Unfortunately, I don't have my digicam this week-end so I can't post a pic for now...

·
Registered
39 Posts
USPc

Does anyone know of a gunsmith that can do that on the compact? I have a USPc and I would be willing to try it or pay for it.

I have the GGG and don't like how it sticks out past the slide.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts