HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this something someone did or is it something hk produced? Just was wondering what the hk usp gurus could shed on the subject. :89:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
crayons, paint pens, etc... its just people doing it. i think just some normal enamel paint markers/pens will do the trick, or crayons if your cheap :p

·
Registered
221 Posts
check out the faq by scooter. it gives a detailed way of doing this. plus lots of other helpful info there.
happy reading and welcome to the family.

·
Registered
13 Posts
check out the faq by scooter. it gives a detailed way of doing this. plus lots of other helpful info there.
happy reading and welcome to the family.
Thanks but I didnt find the detailed information just to use China Markers? If you could post the link that would be very helpful.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have just used some model paint, both a metallic red and a black to dress up the stainless slide on mine. It looks great. I have heard you can have a jeweler do something more permanent, the model paint tends to come off if you use any type of pray cleaner.

Of course the model paint cost me about $3.00 bucks total and I plenty left for about the next year.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Someday when you have enuf rounds thru your HK and you get a sonic cleaning and want/need to re-paint the S & F on the safety... and you just keep going and dress out the lady allllll out in red and white.

I really like it on my Tac, some think HK's should stay formal in all black, but its your baby do what you want (but please no pink!!)

·
Registered
221 Posts
or gold plating or flowers, eh hem Mike Vain...

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
or gold plating or flowers, eh hem Mike Vain...
I haven't noticed Mr. Vain on here lateley? you suppose he is still searching that pond?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I tried the China Marker routine, after searching high and low found them as Staples, office supply store, of all places. After application it looked chunky and marked the flat part of the slide other than the letters as well. I was trying the red HK logo and other letters black against a hard chrome slide. More of a PITA than I thought it was worth, cleaned off easy with a little solvent and nylon bristle brush. Maybe I went about it all wrong, but the result was disappointing.

·
Registered
617 Posts
When I first got into guns, in the 1990s, I thought the people coloring the letters on Glocks and such were doing a kewl job. Now, though, I'm not really a fan of that anymore. I like to leave mine looking stock...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts