HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between a USP 45 Compact and the Compact Tactical? I know the CT gets Ninja From The Darkness points for the threaded barrel and the issue to Naval SPECWARCOM, but other than that, is there anything special about it as compared to the Compact?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nope. Comes from the factory with white dot sights, standard trigger or lem trigger, and an O-ring threaded barrell.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Another difference to consider is that the barrel is even longer than a fullsize USP 45, thereby measureably boosting bullet velocities.

G

·
Wow!

You mean to tell me I can save money and just buy a threaded barrel? Maybe take a soldering iron and mark "tactical" on the frame as well? Tell me there is more to the CT than that...

·
Registered
558 Posts
By the time you add tall night sights and a threaded barrel you pay more than you would for a stock CT.

Don't know if you can get an aftermarket barrel with O-ring and polygonal rifling.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a USPCT .45 I just got. Came in the black nylon case with all the gear. Its my daily carry gun. I got it over the standard USPc because for just a few bucks more I got the case and stuff. I like it so much I bought one more identical to it. I love the USP series. The HK USP is hands down my favorite handgun. (HK45 is next up tho!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also carry the USP CT. Its been my duty carry for about a year now. Just love the way it looks and shoots. Size wise, its the same as a glock 19. But you get the manstopper round in a liteweight package.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Newbie Question

Fellas - whats the difference between a HK45C & HK45 USP CT? I would appreciate any input before i make my purchase.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's allllllllll cosmetic! If your not getting a suppressor for the CT then don't waste your money. But like the impulse buyer that I am, I bought both!

And friends:

·
Registered
33 Posts
The barrel (and in some cases the sights) is the difference. More than just threading, I found the CT barrel to be more "robust" than the Compact barrel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts