HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if there is a problem with the fit and finish of my particular USPc .45, or if this is normal. The gap between the frame and the slide, on the right hand side of the gun, just forward of the control lever inserted end (where the ambi control left handed would be), all the way up to a line vertical above the trigger. The gap is up to 1/16" in places.I would think this would have to allow dirt to enter the internals, especially sticking to lubed areas.Also, when I recently swapped hammers, and took out the hammer, control arm, sear, etc. they had a pretty heavy coat of what looked like black grease. Do these come from the factory with a grease type substance as lube, or was this a build up of dirt and oil. The gun was supposed to have been fired 250 rounds prior to my purchase, so if true, the dirt theory seems unlikely. Pics of gap attatched. Thanks.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6875/dscn7874l.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
They come soaked with a packing grease. If someone doesn't do a really good job cleaning all that snot out, it's conceivable that 250 rounds would cause that stuff to get a little cruddy. Otherwise, the slide to frame fit looks fine.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
That looks like factory anti-corrosion grease. I suspect the previous owner didn't clean out the factory grease when he bought it and probably never cleaned it after shooting it. Other than that, the gap looks normal as Matt stated above.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Always a promt courteous answer to my questions. Why does the rest of the world not work this way???:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts