HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a spurred hammer put on my USP compact? HK seems to be dragging there feet to respond to my emails. I really want to get this done and hope I can get some help from anyone. My gunsmith in my town is completely incompitent and I can not depend on him even to put on night sights. He only likes working on old gun so I do not give him my business anymore. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
886 Posts
E-gunparts has hammers, but check your date code and investigate which style you need. There were at least 3 different major designs and they are not interchangeable. I maybe able to help you out as I'm going thru this now.

Bill
[email protected]

·
Registered
90 Posts
SPURRED HAMMER

I HAVE MANY SPURRED HAMMERS LAYING AROUND. IF YOUR INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW, THANKS, CHRIS

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
CDNN has the USP/C spurred hammer for $10 (the hammers fit both USP and USPC pistols). Can't beat that with a stick!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My knowledge of the USP compact is under expert at best. Would I be able to replace the hammer myself without any special training or tools? Thanks for all the input!

D

·
0 Posts
My knowledge of the USP compact is under expert at best. Would I be able to replace the hammer myself without any special training or tools? Thanks for all the input!
I would let a Gunsmith or at least an HK armorer do it for you. If you try it and have trouble, you will have already voided HK's Warrantee by going deeper into the gun than field stripping for cleaning. Get yourself a copy of "Complete HK USP" (Disassembly & Reassembly) at www.GunVideo.com, and you can see what's involved.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Yes, you can do it yourself. Follow the detailed strip instructions and do not worry too much about the warranty. When you buy the Expert it comes with two hammers, spurred installed and a spare bobbed one for use if you are going to shoot IPSC. It also comes with instructions on how to change the hammer yourself. If HK was too worried about voiding the warranty they would not include the instructions for do-it-yourselfers. Don't force anything because if you do screw something up, HK does have the right to not fix it under warranty since "by the book" you voided it. However, they are not hard to replace and if you have a few punches or drifts on hand (you do not need a hammer to force anything) you can do the swap yourself in a bout 30 minutes and that is with a coffee break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts