HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at range yesterday and I notice something:
After empty the mag, the slide is locked in position. I insert the new mag and give it a push, like gently bang the mag in the bottom. The slide will drop and load a round in the chamber, ready to fire. I wonder that's a common feature or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was at range yesterday and I notice something:
After empty the mag, the slide is locked in position. I insert the new mag and give it a push, like gently bang the mag in the bottom. The slide will drop and load a round in the chamber, ready to fire. I wonder that's a common feature or not?

I am pretty new to the USP. I got my first one last week and it did the same thing at the range yesterday. If I inserted the mag without much force it stayed locked back. But trying to reload with speed and it fell a few times.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
It's typical. Some call it a feature. Others call it serendipity. Some like it. Some do not. My Walther P99s do it; so does my 92fs IIRC. Can't remember if some of my SIGs do it. None of my 1911s do it. I like it.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
It's normal and most HK guns will do this if you insert the mag with a little force. There must have been a gazillion of posts about this feature. Do a search and you'll find them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine does it to, started happening around the 500 round mark. I have to drive the mag home to make it happen.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've found that most handguns (other than your super tightly fitted 1911s) will do this if you insert a fresh mag with any sort of force.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just as a reminder, this is covered in the FAQ sticky at the top. Just revisited it awhile ago and find it a useful reference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I asked this question not too long ago. My USP9 with about 6000 rounds would do it, but my USPc40 with half that round count does not.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I asked this question not too long ago. My USP9 with about 6000 rounds would do it, but my USPc40 with half that round count does not.
My USPc .40 does it every time I insert a loaded mag with a little force. Note the keyword "loaded". It might not happen if the mag is not fully loaded or if you have 10-rd mags.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's actually pretty awesome. With all my USP experience, I've never experienced it, but I never slammed a mag home, either. Seems a pity not to use that big, industrial strength slide release ; )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts