HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i asked earlier but hopefully i'll get some more responses this time...
1)How does the MKII compore to SureFire models?
2)Would i need an "adapter" for my USP9-FS if i got an SureFire?
3)*IMPORTANTLY*where online can i find GOOD PRICES for both of them(MKII, SureFire)
Thanks...
please help...

G

·
0 Posts
I'll give it a shot!

I own the UTL Mk II, and I own a lot of Sure-Fire stuff (But not the HK weapon light).

That being said I'm more than happy with my HK light. I like the design of it and I like the brightness. It could BE a surefire light if I didn't know better.

It is all high-impact plastic, and has survived hundreds of rounds with no problems. Only complaint is that it gets real dirty after say 10 rounds, but hey if you're down 10 rounds light is the least of your worry...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the sure fire fit the compact better than the UTL MK2, I don't really care for the way the UTL sticks out past the barrel. You'd think if HK was designing a second light to fit the compacts they'd redo the whole thing and keep the old MK1 for the fullsize and have a better fitting one for the compacts.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I just bought a USPc and have UTL II ordered. Other than the "look" what don't you like about the light sticking out past the end of the barrel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well besides being more in the path of the "dirty air" behind the bullet, I expect the resistance of the air below the bullet from hitting the UTL impacts the trajectory somewhat.

How much... no clue... enough to be concerned? Again, no clue, I haven't done studies, but if the CCF flash suppressors improve accuracy as much as they do one can presume that having an obstacle blocking the expansion of escaping gasses along one plane would reduce it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
1) It's bright enough to blind anyone you point it at. And thats in a lit room. If it's dark, the one holding said HK w/ MKII light def has the upper hand.
2) No adapter needed for the MKII, but you will need a Surefire MR-09 or GG%G adapter to mount a Surefire light on any USP...
3) eBay and here. I got mine off a HKPRO member brand new in box for $100 shipped.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks for telling me before I ordered one, any lights you can suggest for the H&K 45?
Surefire x200, x300, x400 (light/laser)
Streamlight TLR-1, TR-2 (light/laser)
Insight M3, M3X, M6, M6X (X models are brighter, M6/M6X are light/lasers)

Google them for pics or check out the USP thread in the Gallery section...

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Just to clarify, you're talking about the HK45, not a USP in .45, right?

Any light that's designed to work on a picatinny rail should fit the HK45. As 96GTS said, the Surefire x200 and x300 series, and the Streamlight TLR-1 seem to be the most popular.

If you don't object to the price, and don't need a laser, I'd probably go with a Surefire x300. No adapter required.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah the H&K 45. I wanted a light like this one with a OD cover on it.
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71848&page=7

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah the H&K 45. I wanted a light like this one with a OD cover on it.
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71848&page=7
Thats the Insight M3. I've never seen an OD one for sale, but apparently they make 'em. You can put that on your HK45 w/o the adapter...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts