HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and a new HK owner. I own a P30SKS. I have seen in multiple areas where guys talk about changing from one version to another. I have never heard of anything like that before. Why do guys make changes like this? I bought what I wanted so I didn't have to change things. When these changes are made does that void the warranty? I think it is cool that it can be done just not something I considered. Maybe if I couldn't get the version I want maybe. The more I think about it. Because I can is also a acceptable answer. Just trying to figure it out a little never know I may pick up something from the forum that makes me want to switch.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, I suspect there are many reasons. Some simply enjoy tinkering and change. Then there are those like me who abhor change. I was very reluctant to semi-retire my "j" frame revolvers, however I bought a USP compact in 1997 and loved it, and still do. So for the next decade or so I was a Da/Sa cocked and locked guy. Then I tried a striker fired gun and carried them the last two years. Then I had the opportunity to try the LEM v1, now like you I carry a p30sk. The beauty of H&K's is they do give you some versatility with the different variants. Soon, after I tried the LEM I contacted H&K to convert my p2000sk from Da/Sa to LEM and that change was not a factory supported mod. I admit I was wanting the p30sk anyway. Although I've never ask H&K I would guess your warranty would be compromised if unauthorized changes are made.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You can't *really* know what you want until you've tried it. Especially with something like LEM... Some people prefer LEM, some people prefer DA/SA, but you don't know until you've felt it. As far as DA/SA goes, most USPs come V1. Some people like having both safety and decocker available, while the V3 guys would prefer to eliminate the possibility of accidentally engaging the safety, and the V9 guys would prefer avoiding decocking by disengaging the safety too hard.

The USP and HK45 series (pretty much a modern USP Compact .45 in 2 different sizes) are the only ones to officially support conversions... the P2000 and P30 series do not due to their decocker locations (the LEM frames do not have a cutout for the decocker). The conversion is still technically possible (DA/SA V3 to LEM), but it'll leave a gap in your frame.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes sense, I just never heard of anything like that before. It got me thinking so I thought I would ask. Maybe in the future I will try something like a conversion. I like tinkering and tweaking stuff. I want to give this version a good run before I go switching stuff around. Always been a hammer and safety type of guy. Only shot a striker fire a few times. Didn't dislike it but different since I'm not use to it. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts