HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a VP40 set up for limited USPSA. Brass magwell, brass 5 round magazine extensions. LPA sights. But that’s not all. I also have a VP9L OR slide for it with a Leupold Dot. Can shoot many classes with the same pistol. Limited, Limited 10, Open, (all three in major and minor PF), Carry Optics, and even Production
It is such a great platform that is overlooked by many.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have a VP40 set up for limited USPSA. Brass magwell, brass 5 round magazine extensions. LPA sights. But that’s not all. I also have a VP9L OR slide for it with a Leupold Dot. Can shoot many classes with the same pistol. Limited, Limited 10, Open, (all three in major and minor PF), Carry Optics, and even Production
It is such a great platform that is overlooked by many.
Did the brass mag well make a big difference? I like the idea just wonder the difference it makes? How does it feel?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The brass mag well and brass mag extensions are from Taylor Freelance. They feel great. Both put so much more weight into the grip, and the magwell fits my hands perfectly. All of this weight along with the polymer frame helping to absorb and control the recoil. It is a wonderful light recoiling pistol. It actually seems to recoil less than my 2011 STI Edge in .40 shooting the exact same ammunition. The STI does however have less recoil and is more controllable with the ammunition that is loaded just for it. But I can’t shoot them in the VP40 because they are 220’s loaded to 1.175”.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a handful of VPs. Love my VP40 and kitted her with a dedicated 9mm slide with suppressor height sights of her own as well. My VP40 and USP 40 are both very soft shooting. Have a soft running Beretta 90-Two also. But I do not like shooting 40 out of Glocks. Sting my hand a bit. The .40 Cal recoil spring in guns built up to run .40 does it. I often find .40 cal for cheaper than 9mm now as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts