HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Almost like HK is now trying to sneak things into the market! I'm starting to see the VP9SK-B pop up as well.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wow that price is expensive! Less than $200 more and you have the full pistol. You can still score those in the 600s if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Was told flat out by HK when the OR was released that they would not be selling OR slides separately...

Would be a savy way to make the comp'd gun and flip an OR slide for the savvy retailer. Curious to see if the actual slide assemblies are absent SN's as a dedicated conversion kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I could sell my standard VP9 slide with night sight for $350.... I would buy it

Otherwise.... I can get my slide milled for $300 or less which may be the better option... debatable of course

·
Registered
41 Posts
For some of us buying a new gun is not an option due to where we live.

Curious how do you address the S/N off the original gun when installing a new slide?

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
No, that is someone splitting up the frame, and slide and selling the slide as a kit. We do not offer the OR Slides just yet, and they will likely not come with the barrel and recoil spring.

Thank you
well, this has me intrigued, as I already have a long slide kit, and OR slide would round out my VP9 set nicely

·
Priest of the P7
4,804 Posts
I bought a slide that was separated from it's frame on GB a while ago. There are situations where it makes sense to save even just a couple hundred bucks on the frame. Like when you already have four frames and just want a dedicated upper for some specific purpose. I'd be dropping a couple hundred bucks to modify a new frame for the purpose and I already have several ready to go.

Re the serialized frame and barrel -- since that's not a requirement in the US you can just ignore those numbers. Mix and match, doesn't matter, the controlled part is the frame.

·
Registered
41 Posts
No, that is someone splitting up the frame, and slide and selling the slide as a kit. We do not offer the OR Slides just yet, and they will likely not come with the barrel and recoil spring.

Thank you
All I saw was “just yet” 😁 So a slide without the barrel and spring would make more sense and should effectively sell for less. I assume the barrel and spring are the same on 2020 OR models so the OR slide with sights is all I really need anyway.

Until then...🍿

·
Registered
7 Posts
A slide for use with my current barrel is just what us CA people need. Can’t wait to throw money at that project.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Well, as expensive as one may think, they sold out nevertheless.
But the market is just crazy now. I had trouble finding an RMR mount today.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts