HKPRO Forums banner

HK VP9/SFP9 trigger error - question

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Klaustrophobia 
#1 ·
I have a SFP9. I live in Norway som pardon any language errors.

Problem:

When I fire my SFP9, especially on the first shot, it has a tendecy not to fire. The trigger feels like it is not in contact or slipping under on the trigger group. At other occations it feels like the trigger is releasing in two stages. Red red loaded chamber indicator is visible at the end of the indicator hole, then on the first trigger pull it goes halfway inside the channel, and on the second pull it has a fullrelease.

I have tried to recreate what is happening in these videos.

[[video]https://www.flickr.com/photos/94714943@N07/28763495190/in/dateposted-public/[/video]

[video]https://www.flickr.com/photos/94714943@N07/28763495190/in/dateposted-public/[/video]

If any of you guys have a idea of what it might be, please give me a advise.

Tegums

See less See more
#2 ·
I have two VP9s. This is definitely a problem. I can't diagnose what it is -- maybe someone else here can -- but I strongly urge you to proceed with extreme caution (not fire) and have an HK armorer examine it. Something with a safety could be compromised or broken.

#4 ·
That looks like a problem with the firing pin safety. On the first pull the trigger bar fails to disengage the fp safety, but releases the striker and on the second pull it disengages the safety.

But like others said, you should get it checked by a competent armorer. I doubt there's not much you can do by yourself.

#6 ·
Thanks for all the good suggestions.

The gun has no modifications, and has never been tampered with in any way. I have used for about 1500 rounds. Mostly IPSC shooting. The first 3-400 hundred shots the problem occured every 50th shot or so. Then the amount of errors occured more often. It happens almost every time I reload the gun. When I operate the tringger without the slide it seems like the triggerbar enters below the sear release.

Picture

The gun appears very accurate (even for an average shooter like me) and I have not experienced any other problems than the trigger issue.

I have several other HK products, and never experienced any problems. I just want to understand and learn what is happening.

#8 ·
Can't really tell by the picture, but I think the trigger bar spring took a crap. It might not be pushing up on the trigger bar, therefore the bar isn't releasing the safety(causing no fire). Also, that's probably why it goes under the sear lever instead of contacting it correctly.

But.....I could be wrong haha

#11 ·
I agree that it's probably missing the firing pin safety on the first pull but I don't really get why the second pull would hit it. If it was going under the sear, shouldn't it not fire at all? Whatever the case, only thing to be done is call up HK CS and send it back in for warranty work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.