HKPRO Forums banner

HK VP9 Slide issue/question

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Bucky 
#1 ·
I have run 1200 rounds through my VP 9 (always blazer brass) and have had several occasions where the slide does not stay back after the last shot. People have told me that I may be interfering with the slide but I paid special attention to my grip last night and I am definitely not causing it....It happened 5 times in 200 rounds.

#2 ·
Blazer Brass is loaded on the mild side and I would say at times you are just not getting enough slide travel to lock the slide open. Shoot some Speer Lawman or Federal American Eagle in 124gr and see if the slide locks more consistently. Bill

#4 ·
I have the same issue. I shoot nothing but Speer Lawman 124gr and it doesn't prevent it. I have no doubt that even though I think I'm not hitting the slide stop, I am. The way I proved this was my shooting several mags one handed. Always locks back when I shoot one handed but when I wrap my other hand in and go thumbs forward the slide doesn't lock back. Try the one handed test (with your thumb FAR away from the stop and see what happens). Maybe your issue is ammo- it isn't mine though.

#6 ·
I have the same issue. I shoot nothing but Speer Lawman 124gr and it doesn't prevent it. I have no doubt that even though I think I'm not hitting the slide stop, I am. The way I proved this was my shooting several mags one handed. Always locks back when I shoot one handed but when I wrap my other hand in and go thumbs forward the slide doesn't lock back. Try the one handed test (with your thumb FAR away from the stop and see what happens). Maybe your issue is ammo- it isn't mine though.
Not sure why HK decided to start moving the slide release more rearward. They got it perfect on the USP and P2000.
Agree. The USP is perfect. Had similar issues with my P30L which makes me want to avoid the P30sk. Been seriously considering going the P2000 or P2000sk route next. I've never shot a P2000 series but I suspect my thumbs/palm would be ok. I know it's a grip issue for me to correct- but I just can't seem to quit hitting that slide stop on the VP9 & P30 series.

#7 ·
Agree. The USP is perfect. Had similar issues with my P30L which makes me want to avoid the P30sk. Been seriously considering going the P2000 or P2000sk route next. I've never shot a P2000 series but I suspect my thumbs/palm would be ok. I know it's a grip issue for me to correct- but I just can't seem to quit hitting that slide stop on the VP9 & P30 series.
I had the same issue with my P30L as well. I put a P30S slide stop on mine, which made it more "normal", and resolved the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.