HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first handgun I've ever owned. While reassembling the gun for the first time, I some crazy how got the slide stuck, but it isn't even on. Obviously user error here, but nothing seems to be working to dislodge it. I definitely don't want to mess with it too much or force it as I have no actual idea what I'm doing. Any advice?
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I take it back. Pulling the trigger and pushing forward on the slide was enough to do it without damaging it. I definitely will never do that again. I'll keep this post here in shame.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No reason to be ashamed. Sometimes mine gets wonky during disassembly/reassembly as well. I think that happened to me a few years ago too, maybe it had something to do with the position of the takedown lever but I don't remember exactly. I've got a fairly new Sig P365xl (same takedown disassembly) that I couldn't get the slide on once because the slide release lever flipped up but wouldn't flip back down for some reason.

Hang in there for more excitement!

-------------------
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Sometimes on my VP9 I have to push the takedown lever a little forward to get the slide all the way off, and have had a couple mishaps during reassembly where the recoil spring assembly wasn't 100% centered and I don't even know what actually happened but one time involved force (just by hand, no hammer) to get things back apart. So if you feel resistance putting it back together, take a second and double-check everything.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Just a point of interest here, if you jack it up so bad you simply can't fix it, HK will fix it FOC (free of charge).

Call HK customer service on the phone, tell them you can't get it back together.

You will have to pay for shipping to them, but they will [email protected] it and ship it back direct to your home.

Just saying.

They are pretty nice @ HK Central Command.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts