HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I to understand this correctly I was at the hk USA website and I was interested in looking up the warranty. My guns are fine. But as I interpreted the site the only warranty is for the owner who bought the gun new and it's a limited lifetime warranty? I was just wondering if someone could shine some light on this if I'm wrong. The reason I bring this up is because I'm looking at this 45c used and if their is no warranty that follows the gun then it's way overpriced. Thanks Brent.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have bought used HK's and have never had any issues with the HK warranty.
One thing that will void your warranty is using aftermarket internal parts.

I have upgraded triggers (LEM) as well as replace other parts without issue of voiding my warranty.
Never had any issues when sending my guns in to HK. They are always very thorough and go over every part of my guns.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So am I misunderstanding their warranty? Does their warranty stay with the gun. I will never put aftermarket parts on my hk guns. How I read it off their web page is that it is for the original owner. I bought my first hk used and the next new.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
It's like a don't ask, don't tell kinda thing. I have never sent in any warranty cards to HK. When I have had to use their service for my pistols I bought used, they didn't care. When I called in stating I had a problem they just said okay ship it to us overnight with your RMA on the front and a notecard describing the problem and we will look at it. Never have I been asked if I was the original owner or anything like that. And the majority of the time, I just ate the shipping. Parts and labor were free of charge.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I had a problem with the hammer on one of my guns. Rather than sending the gun in to have it replaced, I just had them send me the hammer and I did it myself. HK has great CS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts