HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Wow....2500 rds of ammo. Sounds like that's ALL you'd be doing.

I probably will attend a BW course this year. Not one of the extreme ones, but similar to this Hk pistol one.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,916 Posts
You guys are cops or military, I take it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not an LEO or Military. I was looking at their website and they have civilian classes as well as classes designed for LEO's and Military. I do want to become an LEO though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've taken the Tac Carbine and Subgun courses, I believe that for the HK courses you need to me MIL or LE. Both the courses I took were quite good, but they were not at the Blackwater facility.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Im fairly certain that all the HK courses were LE or .mil only. BW has a bunch of open courses, like their tac 1, 2, etc. and a few of their specialty courses as well. I have never heard of any HK courses that were open to the public though...I am pretty sure that has been an HK requirement.

Err...btw, not to seem like a ****, but I would be damn sure you are competent with your firearm before you attend BW or you will regret it for a number of reasons.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im fairly certain that all the HK courses were LE or .mil only. BW has a bunch of open courses, like their tac 1, 2, etc. and a few of their specialty courses as well. I have never heard of any HK courses that were open to the public though...I am pretty sure that has been an HK requirement.

Err...btw, not to seem like a ****, but I would be damn sure you are competent with your firearm before you attend BW or you will regret it for a number of reasons.
If you go here... your see that the Pistol Operator Course is open to the Public.. even the USP and P2000 Armorer Course..
http://www.blackwaterusa.com/courses/AT_NC_courses.html

As for being competent with a firearm.. Not sure why most people feel that LE or Military is a requirement or a must to attend BW.. I have LE friends that would scare the heck out of me if they had to draw a gun.. Seems like they only take it out and fire it to qualify... then it goes back in the holster... scary IMHO...

You shouldn't be a complete newbie with a pistol.. but if your comfortable with your pistol.. The HK Pistol Course says "The course will start with developing fundamental shooting skills"

BW also has a "Basic Pistol" school.. it sounds like a perfect school for someone that just started using a pistol... Thats just MHO...

·
Registered
616 Posts
If you go here... your see that the Pistol Operator Course is open to the Public.. even the USP and P2000 Armorer Course..
http://www.blackwaterusa.com/courses/AT_NC_courses.html

As for being competent with a firearm.. Not sure why most people feel that LE or Military is a requirement or a must to attend BW.. I have LE friends that would scare the heck out of me if they had to draw a gun.. Seems like they only take it out and fire it to qualify... then it goes back in the holster... scary IMHO...

You shouldn't be a complete newbie with a pistol.. but if your comfortable with your pistol.. The HK Pistol Course says "The course will start with developing fundamental shooting skills"

BW also has a "Basic Pistol" school.. it sounds like a perfect school for someone that just started using a pistol... Thats just MHO...
its a marketing decision for LE or .mil only, it can also be for liability reaons, suppose. HK armorers courses have always been open to the public. Their actual courses on tactics have always been LE or .mil, BW may have convinced them otherwise, but it would be news to me. Im not saying Im agreeing with it, Im just saying its the way it is.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'd love to do this before I apply with the local PD unfortuneately my money and time off inthe summer are limited.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'd love to do this before I apply with the local PD unfortuneately my money and time off inthe summer are limited.
It would probably be a strike against you anyway. The PDs dont want gun nuts, nor do they want someone itching to use a weapon. Im not at all saying anything bad about you or your intentions, but I can almost promise you that something like that would raise a red flag. Its a messed up system.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. My thought is that if the PD, FBI, Military, etc. are going to be teaching you anyway you might as well learn sooner than later, and if applying to the special tactics teams like SWAT, it would look pretty good on the records... At least in my mind.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It would probably be a strike against you anyway. The PDs dont want gun nuts, nor do they want someone itching to use a weapon. Im not at all saying anything bad about you or your intentions, but I can almost promise you that something like that would raise a red flag. Its a messed up system.
Yup.. I could see that here in the state I live in right now.. They would even mark you as a "dangerous"... and try to take your guns away!

Taxachuettes is sooo screwed up...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts