HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do VERY like the design, but before purchasing it, I want to know the actual manufacturer to get more info about the timepiece. The chronometer reminds me of Wenger Commando, but I was wrong before... Anybody has the watches from the webshop to enlighten me? Any input appreciated, folks! L.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem with Laco is, that this model (click http://www.laco.de/flieger/praezision.aspx and scroll down to reference number 860884LB) is factory priced at 418 Eur - that´s with Luminova dials; Tritium vials should quite sky-rocket the price a "little" higher. And HK hasn´t realy been known to resell their logoed items for half the original price...

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
That face looks just like an older(70s) German military watch I picked up in the late 70s. The face is very similar to the watch issued to Luftwaffe fliers during the second world war.

There are some very good German branded watches that are relatively unknown in the US. I have a Heinrichsohn which was contract made by Rolex. It is a wonderful watch.

G

·
Laco Watch

I've got a Laco, the quartz one. I paid about $325 for it two years ago. Recnetly dropped it and cracked the crystal, also some of the luminal chipped off the second hand. I sent Laco an email and it 71 Euros for the replacement, including shipping. Damn......

I think I'll just get the Laco automatic rather than get this one fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts