HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i've toyed with the idea of putting some optics on my 11E project that is currently at TSC. Mike is doing the picatinnay tabs on the receiver, so I'm pretty much free to put whatever I want on there without the limitations of the HK factory mounts. Even though I love HK iron sights, I can't help but think of how cool some quality 1x-4x glass would be on the top. Lord knows I would love to get a S&B Flashdot, but that's a little overkill....IMHO, optics like that are the star of the show, and iron sights are there only for when the optics are rendered useless.

Back to my point, I wanted a good quailty, low power cross hair scope somewhere between the $500-$800 range. Keep in mind that i've long since abandoned my Burris and Leupold days and have replaced those with Swarovski and Schmidt&Bender glass.......hard to find at those prices

I found and older (but not totally vintage) Schmidt & Bender 1.5x w/ 1" tube #7 German reticle.....for less than an IOR Valdada.....less than the low end of my stated price range.

Are there any better options for me? How would this compare to some of the 4x Hensoldt scopes that are out there (aside from the obvious difference of 1.5x vs. 4x)?

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/079178000/79178971/pix1009017203.jpg

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/079178000/79178971/pix1009017125.jpg
http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/079178000/79178971/pix1009017171.jpg

·
Banned
384 Posts
Not that this helps you any in your original Q, but I have had Mike tell me directly in my ear that he dislikes the 11 as a design. Says he can make it work, but thats its always a compromised design. Im guessing then that you twisted his arm to make him do this work?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
5 Posts
11E Optical Sights

Your HK11E conversion by TSC should do fine with a Schmidt & Bender 1.5x Scope on Top.
The HK11E has a much slower cyclic rate than the HK21 series
so it is much easier to control. With HK metal drum it is even more of a blast to shoot.
I think the reason it is not TSC's favorite gun is the slower cycle rate.
Most of their customers want the ultra high ROF of the 21 belt fed.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Slower rate of fire, better controllability and probably less overall stress on the system- reasons I've always like the 11 better.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that this helps you any in your original Q, but I have had Mike tell me directly in my ear that he dislikes the 11 as a design. Says he can make it work, but thats its always a compromised design. Im guessing then that you twisted his arm to make him do this work?

Just wondering.
Yeah, my first conversation with Mike was a lengthy one, but I had some special requests and conditions for this build......which from the last time I talked to Mike, were an unexpected surprised in how the gun might run.

What sucks is that I am not having it set up for full auto......simply because I can't in this state. I sent it assuming it may never be a full auto. Frankly, with the cost of ammo, that doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Slower rate of fire, better controllability and probably less overall stress on the system- reasons I've always like the 11 better.
nnnaaww..Just Slower..is all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts