HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought this beautiful Preban HK11 built on a HK91 receiver. The guy I bought it from told me Michael machines did the work. Everything looks perfect just not crazy about the way the hk11 was mark.
I just want to know if the built looks good to does people that own one or have seen one.

Also who should I send the gun to remark it HK11.

The gun looks perfect just the way hk11 was mark.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suds that is how I feel. How can someone built such a work of art and mark it like that.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Funny part is, it doesn't look too much worse than HK's mark for the 911 or the SR9-T and TC models.

·
Vendor
1,325 Posts
Did a repair with new shroud from a hack builder.
Had a roached shroud and trunion.
Customer did not want a remark.
We can fix you up Galil300.
Mike
MM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you so much Mike,

I had no idea you posted on HKPRO.
I just talk to Mike and he remembers the gun he work on it but after talking on the phone with him it might go back for a HK21 conversion after he comes back from the shot show.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
Regardless, that is a gorgeous build!!! :eek:
I would have the receiver remarked appropriately. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
42 Posts
rather than start a new thread, I thought I would ask here. Do you guys think an MM11 would make a good DMR? I'm thinking of jumping on one of these but won't be able to buy a sear anytime soon, so thought maybe a nice scope...I have an FN that I'm using now.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
rather than start a new thread, I thought I would ask here. Do you guys think an MM11 would make a good DMR? I'm thinking of jumping on one of these but won't be able to buy a sear anytime soon, so thought maybe a nice scope...I have an FN that I'm using now.
A MM11 makes a great rapid fire rifle or light machine gun with a sear, similar to either the older BAR or maybe a Bren. That said since the MM11 fires from a closed bolt it tends to be fairly accurate from what I have heard and the MM23e belt guns have also shot well. However, for a DMR one tends to think of a mostly semi auto rifle with a scope for precision shooting, which would be along the lines of a MSG90. All that said, may have to put a good scope on the MM23eK and see what it will do with semi match ammo .. but when it is warmer ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
LAV did an episode of Tac TV where he ran an HK21 in a DMR role and compared it to a DMR (can't recall which rifle it was)... Anyways, it preformed well. He pointed out the closed bolt and chf barrel lends toward accuracy. He also pointed out this was a quick change barrel, even with barrel swap it still maintained hi degree of accuracy.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
LAV did an episode of Tac TV where he ran an HK21 in a DMR role and compared it to a DMR (can't recall which rifle it was)... Anyways, it preformed well. He pointed out the closed bolt and chf barrel lends toward accuracy. He also pointed out this was a quick change barrel, even with barrel swap it still maintained hi degree of accuracy.
I don't think many really appreciate the true free-float barrel design of this system. Couple that with the ultra-high quality German steel barrel and the heavy machinegun barrel. I was not surprised by the results especially considering the HK doesn't get enough credit for accuracy and the KAC is probably given more than it deserves.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't think many really appreciate the true free-float barrel design of this system. Couple that with the ultra-high quality German steel barrel and the heavy machinegun barrel. I was not surprised by the results especially considering the HK doesn't get enough credit for accuracy and the KAC is probably given more than it deserves.
this is exactly what I was thinking, the design followed by the heavier barrel should result in a rifle that should at a bare minimum be capable of 2-3 MOA. I'd be happier with a 1MOA weapon, but a consistant 2 would be awesome too.

I was actually hoping you guys would tell me I was crazy....

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
this is exactly what I was thinking, the design followed by the heavier barrel should result in a rifle that should at a bare minimum be capable of 2-3 MOA. I'd be happier with a 1MOA weapon, but a consistant 2 would be awesome too.

I was actually hoping you guys would tell me I was crazy....
Trust me, they can be sub-MOA. Ask me how I know ;)

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
"Accurate riles" tend to start with groups smaller than a half MOA around here (i.e. fit under a dime), however, for a DMR a rifle of just under a MOA would be interesting or even a little bit over, if it was consistent (i.e. point of aim did not change and was always shooting good).

Thus while an interesting thread, I may end up having to try the next new MM23e barrel with optics and this could justify an MM11 as a combo accurate rifle and sear host by swapping barrels ....

Time to start posting groups and loadings ;-)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Will take this old school 11 out as well as my newer component based 11 with match Federal and IMI and let you know...
Old school is based off the 21 barrels and the newer one is with the E series. Note the early 11 runs a 12+barrel, but bowling pins to 400 yards with a 4x is not a problem.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
"Accurate riles" tend to start with groups smaller than a half MOA around here (i.e. fit under a dime), however, for a DMR a rifle of just under a MOA would be interesting or even a little bit over, if it was consistent (i.e. point of aim did not change and was always shooting good).
JT, i'm thinking your standards might be a little high in that "accurate" rifle has to have a true 1/2 MOA standard. Many of the KAC M110's being fielded right now are showing up around 1 MOA and as high as 1.5 MOA, and if you are lucky 3/4 MOA. And remember, these rifles are serving a sniper (not DMR) role. I think the M24's would struggle to meet the 1/2 MOA standard as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts