HKPRO Forums banner

HK21 Vollmer Conversion...

3676 8
Hey y'all... It's been a while since I posted here and most of my experience with HK is in the form of pistols. This is something completely different. I don't want to break any rules here so if I'd do, please let me know or Mods please delete the post. I have a pretty close friend who bought an HK21 Semi Auto Vollmer conversion several years ago. His intention was to eventually buy a Full Auto trigger Group for it (legally, of course) and have another Machine Gun for his collection. I don't know what happened but he has decided to sell it. I know nothing about these rifles so I'm coming here to ask the experts. From what I've read there were only 5 of these made? What is it worth? Where should he look to find a buyer?
Again, I don't want to break any rules here but I could really use some help. It's a high-dollar weapon in nearly new condition. He's asked me to do a little leg-work for him because I have more experience in buying, selling and trading firearms. This is just a little out of my league.

Thanks in advance...
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had a Vollmer 21 that was upgraded by TSC Machine. Ran like a raped ape.......even with a cracked bolt. I ran 5-8k rounds without cleaning it. Awe.. Memories.
It's worth about 12K as a semi gun. Not sure as you a going to get that. Since Michael Otte released his guns the desire for the HK 21 has softened up a lot. Everyone wants that swing down feed mech

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Like farmallsh said with Mike's release of the MM21e and MM23e you can get a new belt "HK" with the swing down lower, changeable calibers and "manufactures" support for around $12K the last time Adam had them listed a few months ago. Thus this in my mind puts a hard upper limit on the price for a shooter of well below $12K.

Have see several HK21s that took some TLC and were a hard ride when shooting. How well the gun shoots and the percentage of parts made in Germany along with the overall build quality further determines the possible selling price, which I am guess is south of $10K and unless the gun is a problem child (read near basket case) should be north of $6K ....... Disclaimer the HK21s I have seen sold typically were a little bit of a problem child and were being sold during the first depression of the 21st Century in '08 and not now before the great depression of the 21st Century .....

Friends have sold off HK21s and are now shooting the MM23e / MM21e and I have a MM23eK (short 223).

·
Registered
861 Posts
I am by no means an expert, but IMHO with MM21E's out there the value of any of the earlier guns has come down to below the MM21 price point by a good margin, generally speaking, for folks buying a good shooter (as previously pointed out). I'd say that the one exception to this would be if your gun was built with a 21A1 kit, and correctly built. This would be valued by some for a collection filler (A1 variant). Since you mentioned 1 of 5 built, it is possible that this is the case.
There was a thread about an alleged Vollmer one here a few years ago here: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/79475-vollmer-hk21-semiauto-swing-down-feed-mechanism.html However it was questioned whether or not that was actually a Vollmer gun because of the obvious issues with build quality. It did look really pretty goofy.
Pictures of your gun would help a lot to determine what it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy that actually owns the rifle has a website dedicated to showing it. He shows a higher price on the website than he'll actually take. If its OK with the Admin here I can post it. Or better yet... Maybe a PM to me if anyone wants to see it and I'll PM the web address. I just don't want to piss anyone off by breaking a forum rule.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.