HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Does anyone know if there are dedicated mag pouches for 40 round Hk33 mags?

I was thinking of buying a repro MP44 harness from atthefront but I'm not sure if the mags will fit.

Thank you

·
Registered
74 Posts
Went down this path for a while. So in terms of pouches the OEM ones are unobtanium at this point. STG.44 pouches can work, they will require soaking and stretching to fit the magazines, I did this with a pair from Sarco. Alternatively a 5.11 Rigid Cuff pouch can work, will need the same treatment though.

·
Banned
81 Posts
I just use AK mag pouches with shoulder straps, like the surplus Yugo or Chinese mag pouches. That way I can carry them like a purse at the range . But really just like slings it frees up my hands for other range stuff. As much stuff as I take to the range I damn near need a backpack...(targets, range bag, staple gun, etc).

·
Registered
295 Posts
[email protected] here ya go my boy Rory will make pouches for any mag you want out of any fabric you like milspec molle I use him all the time with my old school woodland molle gear he just modified my pistol mags to hold my Sig 226 20rnd mags . I have to say when I got the modded pouches back I thought he didnt do anything but one pouch had a 20rnd mag in it and said damn he does good work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went down this path for a while. So in terms of pouches the OEM ones are unobtanium at this point. STG.44 pouches can work, they will require soaking and stretching to fit the magazines, I did this with a pair from Sarco. Alternatively a 5.11 Rigid Cuff pouch can work, will need the same treatment though.
So like oaking them in the bathtub and shoving the mags in them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[email protected] here ya go my boy Rory will make pouches for any mag you want out of any fabric you like milspec molle I use him all the time with my old school woodland molle gear he just modified my pistol mags to hold my Sig 226 20rnd mags . I have to say when I got the modded pouches back I thought he didnt do anything but one pouch had a 20rnd mag in it and said damn he does good work!
Neat, got any pictures of his work?

·
Registered
295 Posts
So if you see you have some Uzi 9mm 32rnd mag pouches, HK91 20rnd double pouch , HK93 40rnd double mag pouch and IFAK all made of US Milspec quality materials. I have AK 30rnd ,40rnd mag pouches several AR15 mag pouches list goes on and on and that pistol mag pouch that was mod is in the pic with 20rnd Mecgar pistol mag you cant even tell its modified guy does an awesome job. These pouches are new I keep as spares my others have taken a beating whether I am recerting as a LEO firearms instructor for security company or the many firearms courses I goto these have taken a beating and still going.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Oh just a fyi why woodland ? It's because I had a good supply of pouches when I got out of the USMC so I used them to save money after some of my stuff wearing out I started replacing my gear slowly over time so I really didnt want mix and match gear so I would just replace with same color woodland and as time has gone on surplus wasnt really an option getting harder to find. So back on the AKfiles I saw this guy starting his own buisness in making quality gear so I said it looks good I will order a few pouches and see. Anyway what I got in the mail held up side by side you couldn't tell which was his stuff and which was the Military issue that was like 10yrs ago and have been getting all my pouches from him.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Oh last I have 5x of these pistol mag pouches on order for my HK USP45 acp 12rnd mags and a few for my 15rnd mags with Solumtool mag extensions as well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts