HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these rear pin weldments from RobertRTG (photo at the end of this post): HK53 REAR STOCK PIN WELDMENT NEW, GERMAN

The weldment is fit to my receiver, but I haven't welded in place, yet. I want to weld it in "correctly", as in how HK does it. But, when I was looking for a photo on demilled or factory guns, I found nothing showing a weldment like this. So, has anyone seen this style in use? Even better, can you share a picture to show where the welds are on this style of rear pin weldment? I know I can just weld it in place, but I really want the correct look/location of the welds, if at all possible.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Two things. If you have completely removed your existing pin weldment you are going to have a beast of a time getting it in the correct spot. But from the factory ones I’ve demilled off parts kits to get they welded across the back at the bottom. Two tacks at the top corners at the rear and the across the bottom in the front. There are two spot welds in front of the pin hole as well if you want to be 100 percent correct. One on each side.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two things. If you have completely removed your existing pin weldment you are going to have a beast of a time getting it in the correct spot. But from the factory ones I’ve demilled off parts kits to get they welded across the back at the bottom. Two tacks at the top corners at the rear and the across the bottom in the front. There are two spot welds in front of the pin hole as well if you want to be 100 percent correct. One on each side.
Thanks for that info. The receiver is a freshly bent flat, and I have the new weldment fit into place. I just didn't know how it should be welded. So, your info is very helpful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts