HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a HK33 kit that I bought a couple years back and have demilled, but have never built into a new rifle. Going through my kits and outstanding gun projects last night, it occurs to me that the prices on the HK33 kits have gone up so much maybe I ought to just sell the kit and buy a (blasphemy) V93. What is the going rate for a factory German 33 kit (used -- ex-police)? I haven't seen one for sale for a while.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Most of the kits out there for sale are the Malaysian HK33 rfiles. The way I understand it is, DSA bought them up a bunch of years ago and later Vector bought up the remaining kits.
Today these kits go for $500-$750.

If yours is genuine German H&K, I would think yours is worth closer to the higher end, $750-ish.

Find an older Vector V93 for sale and those had most HK33 parts in them. I think today they have run out of the HK33 parts and are using 'others' parts.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I have a HK33 kit that I bought a couple years back and have demilled, but have never built into a new rifle. Going through my kits and outstanding gun projects last night, it occurs to me that the prices on the HK33 kits have gone up so much maybe I ought to just sell the kit and buy a (blasphemy) V93. What is the going rate for a factory German 33 kit (used -- ex-police)? I haven't seen one for sale for a while.
One way is to find the price on post-86 dealer samples or ones that are for sale as complete HK33. Then add about $75 to the price. About the only way to find good kits for 33s and 53s now is to find one for sale that someone is willing to demill. That's what the extra $75 is for. Some places won't do it, but some will.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it is a Malaysian pattern kit. It was sold to me as "German" but it has an SOU lower which leads me to think it is contract. Whatever. If its worth $500 I am finishing my project!

·
Registered
376 Posts
A few HK 33 kits had a 1 in 7" twist barrel marked 1 7/8? Those HK 33 kits with the 1/7 barrel demand a premium because those weremade for the militarys heavier SS109/M855 compared to the old M193?...I think...correct me if I'm wrong.

The regular 33 barrels are 1/12 twist.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
A few HK 33 kits had a 1 in 7" twist barrel marked 1 7/8? Those HK 33 kits with the 1/7 barrel demand a premium because those weremade for the militarys heavier SS109/M855 compared to the old M193?...I think...correct me if I'm wrong.

The regular 33 barrels are 1/12 twist.
You're correct. The "178" barrels (one twist in 178mm) were also used in some of the later 93s, and some of the later 53s. And I learned something new about barrel twist - there's a formula to determine the proper twist, and it's technically the length of the bullet that is used in the calculation, not the mass. And yes, the mass obviously goes up as the length increases, but length is what the formula is based on.

I found that interesting.

But yes, generally, only the latest date codes are likely to have the 178 barrels in them, and yes, they do have a higher value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts