HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks longtime lurker taking the plunge.i just purchased a hk33 parts kit with high hopes of building a sbr'ed full auto and now is the time to ask the experts not after i screw somethig up,my questions are not about the build but how to nfa paper it.i allready have the nfa trust in the works and all i've been doingollecting parts,de greasing the sloppy mess and plotting my stratagy.anyways here are my questions and i hope you go easy on me as i am a nu-be and have never been in any kind of forum .what paperwork do i request from the atf concerning my build it will be an sbr full auto carbine i also need to know which part(as far as f/a) i need to paper .do i register the receiver or the trigger pack or the actual sear'now it would be nice if i could paper it in 3 calibers if possible,also is the triggerpack married to that paticular rifle.i also know this will cost a boatload of money as that is allways a concern.i did not want to build this rifle untill i cover my a** legally . i have been looking into this for months and i can't be the only one that thinks this is moderatly difficult. i am hoping someone will help me as we were all new bees at one time so if anyone is willing to dispense some free advice i would be forever in debted to you.if you could give me some price guesstimates and i know there are benefits to how you paper it with the atf thank you all in advance i love this forum and allthings hk dan [email protected]

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
You can register the gun as an SBR, but you CANNOT register it as a machine gun. No new machine guns can be made for civilian use after May 19th 1986. You have to pay to play in the F/a world. Most pre 86 registered sears run about 12-15 thousand dollars right now with a few factors varying the price.

To submit a Form 1 for an SBR, just fill out the main pages with the Trust info as the name and all. No sheriff sign off, no fingerprints, or photos necessary. I have a look link somewheres as to filling out a form 1 to a trust.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
To answer your question a bit more directly, to get full auto you are going to have to buy one more piece. Either a registered sear or a registered trigger box. Either one is going to set you back to the tune of $12,000 (from somebody who needs to sell to keep their house, maybe) or up to $15,000 for one of the registered trigger boxes from DLO.

Any other way is illegal from your description of building an HK/clone. If you buy either a sear or box, the guy selling it to you will run you through the necessary paperwork, etc. Then you can join the madness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts