HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting my HK93A3 cut down to HK33K with a welded HK53 flash hider to keep legal length(plus works and looks better than original). Anyway, before I commit with Jayson over at IGF, I have a few questions.

Barrel-Should I get an HK33 or stock 33K barrel as opposed to getting my 1:12 93 barrel cut down? I know it will probably be more expensive this way, but the 1:7 twist would be more original, plus I get the grenade mount too.

Stock:Still looking for a new style without little hole near bottom of buttplate.

Lower-I want to get the 3 burst lower, but it is going to run me about $700 to get it. Tt will drop into my semi reciever and be modded for semi operation. Is that a fair price for non-POF original lower?

If you want a look at what I am looking at doing, see the first part of the website, under HK33 and the black 33K. That is the one I want to copy, with the addition of the 53 flash hider.

Thanks in advance for help/opinions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: HK33K Build. Need some Help. Barrel? Lower? St

I don't believe the 53 flash hider will give you the desired 16" barrel length, unless you plan on SBRing it. Jayson at IGF does make a long enough FS however to keep the rifle from being a SBR. Also the 33 and 33k barrels are the 1:12 twist, same as 93, the 53's have 1:7 as do the discontinued G41's. My info may be wrong, but this is the info I've collected from this board and others.
Dean

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

CDNN has the stocks for $400+ship. That, and it is the wrong kind, with the little loop at the bottom. I

I think with the long 53 flash hider I will not need to SBR it, the 13" barrel and over 3" hider will work.

The 33, 33k barrels are 1:7 twist I am pretty sure, as some 93 had 33 barrels in the later years with the 1:7. I am pretty sure that would help with stabilizing the round, espically with the shorter barrel.

·
Registered
2 Posts

The info I have is 12.5" inches for a 33k barrel. Also you have to take into account the fact that part of the flash suppressor fits over the barrel roughly 3/4". If you add up the numbers you need a FS with an overall length of 4.5". This takes care of the 3/4" over lap and 1/4" over 16" to be safe (ATF agents have been known to fudge a couple of thousands of an inch to get a violation). The 33 barrel I have is IE stamped and I have measured it to be 1:12. The reason I know this was I was going to do the same thing myself on my V93 clone build and found it to be too much of a pain.

Just my $0.02
Dean

Just checked here HK33 and 33k. 33k barrel is 12.67" and they do come in the standard 1:7 twist. Who has the 33 barrels for sale? Anybody know? I'd love a 33 barrel in 1:7.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The one without the dumb looking little loop at the bottom of the stock. The one like the MP5 series. I know they are out there, and have missed one already.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I want to shorten the barrel of mine 93 to make it a 93K.
Will the weapon function well with a short barrel?
Or do you get a lot of problems with malfunctions of the gun?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts