HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know somebody else here wants one besides just me.
Maybe enough people to have a batch made?

75bronco: How many people do you need to run a batch of barrels?

My mad MS paint skills:

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
The Numbering System

Here, the "34" is meant to designate an HK pistol caliber with full length fore end/barrel to mitigate the unsightly 16" proboscis appearance of the traditional 94. By the numbering system, an MP5 would be a "54". And since there really is no technical designation for the .40 S&W or 10mm, it gets shuffled under the "4" or 9mm designate.

Consider the numbering of 5.56 roller locks and it makes more sense 33 (rifle) vs. 53(sub) and it starts making more sense.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thank you I'd never seen that doc before very good to know. Points for you sir.

So this is a 3 "select fire assault rifle" (because of the 16" barrel it can't be a submachine gun even if it's pistol cal).....4 9x19 (because there's no oficial designation for .40SW)?

Is that right?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Interesting idea pto.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
D34/40 ... Have already had a handful of requests but will probably see RCM 34/9 barrels before the 34/40 barrels.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Question Joe, your D34/9 and D34/40 will have Title I 16" barrels or shorter with pinned birdcages to make minimum length?

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Cool but the mags are already hard to get a hold of.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Question Joe, your D34/9 and D34/40 will have Title I 16" barrels or shorter with pinned birdcages to make minimum length?
16" and 12.7"

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
It would be a nice way to take a SW-45 to 400 Cor-Bon...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It would be a nice way to take a SW-45 to 400 Cor-Bon...
I have been working on my Kawasaki Z1's and kinda neglected my build. I still need to lengthen my cocking tube, but I started building a 34 off of a chopstix build I seen with a cut down 91 handguard. Mine will be 45 acp though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts