HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a HK4 pistol in 380 and it dont want to fire I did put a new buffer in it the old one was falling apart I was just wanting to no if anyone had any ideas on whats going on with it the fireing pin dose not seem to be hitting the primer any help would be great and thanks for reading my post

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Wow you have a great deal of HK's.

Anyway to your question I would give hk a call first thing Monday morning and ship it to them

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't think hk supports the hk4 anymore. To the OP , I would verify its setup to fire centerfire . It may have been left in .22 rimfire position . ( firing pin changes orientation).

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Sir I will give them a call to see if they will even work on a 1971 pistol they have not made this gun for a long time but it still might be my best bet to give them a try

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do you change it to center fire from rim fire it did have the 22LR barrel in it when I got it

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
What does the primer look like what kind of bullets are you using, if the firing pin is hitting the primer and barely putting a dent in it it might be the spring, try using federal ammo I hear they have the softest primers for very light hammers.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It don't hit the primer I think it is in rim fire mode and I think I need to change it back to center fire

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes the gun was on the R side I'm changing it to Z now I can't wait to try to shoot it again tomorrow thanks to everyone for your help

·
Registered
130 Posts
They shoot pretty good with .380. Watch your grip, beaver-tail not large enough. mine has bit me before. (not as bad as early ppk) I've shot a handful of 380 through mine. i would suggest using ball nose ammo in it, truncated or flat nose it was pickier with. I enjoy shooting it in .22 the most.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts