HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would also like to hear what those that have one or did have one what were your likes and dislikes about the pistol. Tks

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have 2 of them. one is the 100yr aniv in case .380 and .22 with nice fuzzy purple velvet lining. NIB UNFIRED! low serial #, new buffer installed of course. dont ask what i paid as i stole it years ago. the 2nd one i purchased with the .380 and .22 combo also matching numbers. i then years ago scarfed the .32 and .25 barrels. i have robared this one, and installed new buffer. scarfed a bunch of parts out of numrich years ago also for this one.

i like them. in 380 its a pocket rocket. very nice to hold even better than my walther ppk/s. i have shot all the barrels a few times and they performed flawless except the 380 is picky about ammo. laugh all ya want but it likes magtech 380 and hornadays.

i dont know exact values for them, but i know they are not going cheap in good to excellent condition. probably gunbroker or gunsamerica could help there.

i have heard of a few breaking frames due to using 380's but i imagine its operator error and needed a new buffer. hence why i bought new buffers and couple of spares.

i'm very happy with mine. great design and versatile as far as different calibers.

every hk collector should have one.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you funhk can you still get parts for these or is it like an Easter egg hunt? If I get one I would like it to have the 22 conversion. And I do plan on shooting it, perhaps carying it. How is it on weight, can you keep it in back pocket alright, would I need a holster, I'm quite excited about these I just found out hk made something smaller than a 9mm.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
It does have a safety, but I would suggest against ever carrying any pistol without a holster, especially with all the modern pocket holsters.

·
Registered
131 Posts
yeah look at numrich for parts availability. i have a holster(bianchi) and they are light. i like it more for fit/feel than my walther ppk/s. i also like the sig 380 as an option. remember its all about how it feels in your hand not mine. its like anything else if it feels good...........out come da bucks and the time spent making them right. i think robbie barkman stated mine was the 1st one they did a ROBAR job on years back. it came out very nice and functions great with FMJ's. you can dispute the size, but hell i would take any of the calibers instead of my bare hands anyday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got one from Gun broker for $415 shipped. .32and .22lr both numbered to the gun .With original boxes , manual and screwdriver .But most of the other ones I've seen have been more , some much more

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a beautiful HK4 (.32 ACP) in the original box, all the papers and only one flaw in the finish. Before firing I stripped it and it I saw the buffer was brown, hard and fractured with age. I replaced the buffer with one from Numrick and took it to the range. About 50 rounds later the gun jammed hard with the breach open. On my bench I was able persuade the gun to release an I stripped it to find the buffer plate intact but free and a completely shredded buffer. I believe it was pounded out of shape by the cycling of the slide. I have two questions for the forum:

In the assembly diagram on Numrick and the old buffer I removed from the gun, the buffer plate is contacting the frame behind the buffer. Is that the correct order of assembly?

What is the story of these plastic buffers? Would they be better made of industrial felt?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have seen the basic HK4 sell in the $350-600 range depending on condition. The special models like the MAS and H&R 100 year anniversary are usually a bit higher.

Not sure if industrial felt would work for too long. Wouldn't the fibers compact pretty fast?

The picture looks correct to me. The buffer(#27) goes behind the buffer plate(#26) so the slide doesn't tear the buffer up.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone have pics of one with broken receiver. Also since I have never held one could someone post a pic with a dollar bill so I can see the size. Besides the common used gun buying stuff and the buffer and receiver is their anything else I should look for when looking at these? Imtheski thanks for the exploited view.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine is also picky about the .380 ammo it wants to digest. It's fine with FMJ, it just doesn't like hollowpoints; I tried the Hornaday XTP, Speer Gold Dot, and Winchester Silver Tip. It feeds Pow'rBall okay so that is what I'm using for carry ammo. It's also a little hard to find holsters that are specifically for the HK4, and spare parts and magazines are few, far between, and tend to be costly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Visit to HK in Columbus GA

I have seen the basic HK4 sell in the $350-600 range depending on condition. The special models like the MAS and H&R 100 year anniversary are usually a bit higher.

Not sure if industrial felt would work for too long. Wouldn't the fibers compact pretty fast?

The picture looks correct to me. The buffer(#27) goes behind the buffer plate(#26) so the slide doesn't tear the buffer up.

I had the opportunity to visit HK last week with my HK4. The buffer/buffer plate in the Numrich diagram is wrong. The metal buffer plate contacts the frame, the two metal posts match holes in the frame and the buffer plate mounts flush. Then the plastic buffer goes in front so that the slide impacts it during the firing cycle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HK4 buffer and plate position..

I had the opportunity to visit HK last week with my HK4. The buffer/buffer plate in the Numrich diagram is wrong. The metal buffer plate contacts the frame, the two metal posts match holes in the frame and the buffer plate mounts flush. Then the plastic buffer goes in front so that the slide impacts it during the firing cycle.
Would this then be correct ? P1010426.JPG

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,335 Posts
Also does anyone know of a ankle holster that would work with the HK4..
The HK4 is very simliar to the Walther PPK/S. If you can find a semi-form fitting holster that is designed for the Walther, it should fit the HK4.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts