HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HK Shooting Team
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Finished 1 second (.04 of a second per string) behind current Alabama state champ over 24 strings of fire......makes me 1st loser.......but gun was fast on the steel with large peep and NO malfunctions

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Very good, congrats. How do you think it stands up against the M&P15-22 for accuracy & reliability? Do you think this is a valuable addition to the AR style .22 market or just a good novelty?

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
What do you shoot in it? MiniMags?

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
I sold several of them and did not hear one complain.
One customer is not somewhere over 10K. He shoots only Federal Value Packs form WalMart with it.
Great gun, love to shoot it myself.

·
Registered
709 Posts
"Very good, congrats. How do you think it stands up against the M&P15-22 for accuracy & reliability? Do you think this is a valuable addition to the AR style .22 market or just a good novelty?"

IMO.....

I own both the HK(Umarex) and the S&W 15/22. Actually 2 of each brand. I can honestly say that the HK(Umarex) is one of the most accurate semi .22's I have fired. That being said, the S&W is also a tack driver! The HK feels like a real AR rifle and the S&W feels like a toy. I have shot approx. 12-15k through the carbine, only a couple hundred through the pistol version. I am consistantly shooting blackbirds in my back yard at 80+ yards with a simple red dot. The only complaint I hear on the HK is ftf or fte. If the people would read there manuals they would realize you need to adjust an allen screw for the ammo type you are shooting. I shoot CCI standard velocity with a Silencerco Sparrow and have NEVER had one problem. The ONE complaint I do have is it is a B**CH to clean! If you dissassemble all the way down you have to re-zero your optics. For some the diss. Will take a PHD to complete!

·
HK Shooting Team
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I shot Federal bulk pack that day to give it a try and was pleased....also loves mini mags

My daughter has the S&W MP15-22 because it is smaller and lighter than the HK. They are both great .22's but I would take the HK all day!!! The M&P is way easier to clean. Overall, both are fantastic but hard to beat the 416 style!!!!!! Wish Walther would make a P30L .22 to go with the 416 for steel challenge! Will be using the 416 .22 and an M&P22 pistol in next months match. Shot 1000 rounds of Federal bulk pack today in a brand new M&P22 pistol with no failures so it will be a good match with the 416......used a GSG 1911 with the 416 this month and loved it but the M&P22 is faster.......need a P30L .22!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Very good, congrats. How do you think it stands up against the M&P15-22 for accuracy & reliability? Do you think this is a valuable addition to the AR style .22 market or just a good novelty?"

IMO.....

I own both the HK(Umarex) and the S&W 15/22. Actually 2 of each brand. I can honestly say that the HK(Umarex) is one of the most accurate semi .22's I have fired. That being said, the S&W is also a tack driver! The HK feels like a real AR rifle and the S&W feels like a toy. I have shot approx. 12-15k through the carbine, only a couple hundred through the pistol version. I am consistantly shooting blackbirds in my back yard at 80+ yards with a simple red dot. The only complaint I hear on the HK is ftf or fte. If the people would read there manuals they would realize you need to adjust an allen screw for the ammo type you are shooting. I shoot CCI standard velocity with a Silencerco Sparrow and have NEVER had one problem. The ONE complaint I do have is it is a B**CH to clean! If you dissassemble all the way down you have to re-zero your optics. For some the diss. Will take a PHD to complete!
I have 2 and UTG Accushot CQB scope on each and they are utter tackdrivers I love them And have not had to adjust for any ammo as yet maybe I got lucky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts