HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Is it possible to get the AF Hk416 barrels re-profiled to a lighter profile? Either the 14.5 or 10" version? If so, who might do it and does anyone have any pics/specs of a completed one? Does this affect reliability of the system in any way? Is it worth doing?

I figure if you were never going to ever shoot full auto, perhaps the weight reduction would be a plus after re-profiling. I mean the 416 is a "bit" heavier then other AR's. I was just wondering if it can shed a few ounces.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Mine is at IGF with Jayson as we speak.
Ditto, can't go wrong with Jayson I have had him work on two MP5K's with welding, new barrels etc and now this project. Also he does a primo job on finishes. Prices are super fair and turnaround is quick

I should have mine by next Saturday

It is gonna look schweet! ( and be nice and light too, 11 inches of SBR goodness!)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone reprofiled a HK416 Barrel, or just MR556's? I don't want to be the first one to step into that territory. And come to think about it, perhaps if I am the only one thinking about doing such a thing, perhaps its not such a good idea.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm... So now I am torn. I recieved an email back from IGF reguarding having the barrel reprofiled down to .710" under the handguards. I didn't really think about it possibly ''ruining" the 416. I just figured that I am pretty much going to be the end user on this particular upper for quite some time. I really don't look at it so much as an investment, even though to some degree it could be considered so. I was just quite disappointed by the overall weight of the 10" upper when compared to a "light weight" 14.5" upper that I also have.

I am quite stuck in a confusion as to whether I should go forward with this process or not now.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Enough to make it worth it. On the MR556 that is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.