HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,

I recently bought a 416 BCG which arrived today, without any internal component whatsoever (see picture attached).

Owning an MR223, I plan to migrate the internal BCG parts to the original 416 one down the road to replicate full 416. I still miss some upper parts obviously, but still I would like to know if someone can give me some preliminary help with the BCG for the time being?

The help I need is related to holes 1 + 2 in the picture. these seem to retain a BCG part which is not usually taken apart during field stripping. I looked up and there were posts marginally addressing those holes due to broken parts, but no exact details on how-to do so.

If you are familiar with those holes, could you elaborate on the details?

regards from Switzerland
andy BCG.png

·
Registered
420 Posts
Holds the firing safety pin. Here in the US both MR556 -&- 416 carriers contain the pin and are sold with it. I believe in the EU for whatever reason the carriers doesn't come with the pin as I've seen a few 416 carriers on the EU market that didn't have the pin.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, do you know how easy it is to take them out and migrate to the new BCG? Would prefer not to damage anything given the outrageous prices and lead times for spares! thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am currently far away from my MR223. However if your intention is to migrate the 416 bcg to your 223 there is another consideration. The 416 bcg does not have the "cutout" on the right side which allows the 223 bcg to engage the end of the barrel. Look in the 223 upper and you will see the metal protrusion preventing a 416 bcg from readily going in a 223. Then again you may have also purchased one of the 416 uppers and lowers and this is moot. If so, I will just go back to my little corner of the dirt box.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Alright, do you know how easy it is to take them out and migrate to the new BCG? Would prefer not to damage anything given the outrageous prices and lead times for spares! thanks!
Everything from your MR223 / MR556 BCG will fit directly into the 416 BCG without any issue. However as mentioned if you plan to use the 416 BCG in an MR223 / MR556 upper you will need to remove the barrel from the upper receiver and cut off the stub / tab on the barrel extension.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just thinking if it is easier to go your way (cut the tab from the barrel) OR to dremel out some material from the BCG.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I was just thinking if it is easier to go your way (cut the tab from the barrel) OR to dremel out some material from the BCG.
Cut the tab out. I would not mess with the hardened steel in the BCG.

If need be, you could use the BCG as a bludgeoning weapon if you had too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Cutting tab will also allow to use .22lr conversion if you will desire it in the future for some obscure reason ;)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Montrala I for sure would not mind! PS do you have some news on parts commonality btw Haenel and HK (specifically the barrel?)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys does anyone know how to take out pin nr2? the first one came out "easily", but the second one is a tough one! it does not move 1 nanometer!

·
Banned
2,002 Posts
Sorry guys does anyone know how to take out pin nr2? the first one came out "easily", but the second one is a tough one! it does not move 1 nanometer!
That pin will need to be replaced, it gets damaged during removal. Need to punch it out..

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
As others have said, if you want to use the 416 BCG you'll have to remove the tab on the barrel extension as the 416 BCG will not allow it (green). Also, you'll need the cotter pin that holds in the firing pin, the MR556 BCG has a captured pin (red). May not be of any concern but the rear of the 416 BCG is different as to trip a FA sear (yellow)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you serious? What sense does this make???? I"m speechless

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I plan to remove the extension from the barrel or get a 416 upper. The retaining pin seems a normal AR one. So my only concern is the damn nr. 2 As outlined in my picture. Thanks for the high quality pics. I am very aware of the notch, since I own a G36C built on a BK243 chassis & bcg.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Are you serious? What sense does this make???? I"m speechless
You shouldn't be affected by the differences in the rear of the BCG, it is fine on a semi lower.

I have 416 uppers on all three of my 556 lowers and I can use either a 556 or a 416 BCG in the 416 upper. But the barrel tab simply must go if you want to use the 223 barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've ordered a new set of those pins as outlined in the HK parts catalogue, figured it must be easier than migrating the little parts...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts