HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I would like to thank all HKpro members for the advice I have received. Secondly, I would like to curse all of you for the HK addiction that is all consuming. : )

Currently, the set-up aka addiction is or will soon be:

1. MR556A1 complete kit or "as is"
Got this last year and absolutely love it.

2. Used HK416 10.4" upper with MR556A1 lower.
The upper arrived some time ago. The 2nd MR556A1 will arrive today or tomorrow. Look out for a WTS ad for the MR556 upper in a few days

3. MR762 complete kit or "as is"
This will arrive in the next few days

My questions pertains to the MR762. Is there a HK416 equivalent of the Match Rifle MR762 that can be purchased by civilians? Obviously, there is a military version of the MR762 that the MR762 is based-off of. However, the HK416 upper is pretty much impossible to purchase. And the only ones available are those that HK sold before they turned off the spigot back in the day. My understanding is that the only HK 416 uppers are used ones that a person is lucky enough to find (let alone a NIB one). Exception being: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/154161-10-3-mr556-sbr.html

Anyhows, back to the question(s).
A. Is there a military equivalent for the MR762 upper that can be purchased?
According to the UK-USA site, there are 3 configurations available. 12", 16" and 20" barrels. Similar to the HK416 upper.

Heckler & Koch - USA

B. If so, any idea what the price should be?
Plus where I can inquire. Feel free to PM me.

C. If so, what are the benefits?
I assume FA capability like the HK416 upper. I also assume OTB capability. Just kidding... I read the different posts on this very sensitive subject... And I do understand the Darwin Award is open to all entrants 24/7, and I do not wish to partake in this contest.

One obvious question is why. To which, my response is why not. : ) Jokes aside, I think everybody on this board realizes that this is clearly a want and not a need. : )

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
HK417's have not been made available for purchase to Class III dealers in USA from what HK told me (I tried twice).

Some Police Agencies may have them and if they do and sell them off eventually as complete uppers would be the only way you would see one.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@saboteur7271.
Thanks for the insights.

I wonder if the HK417 uppers will be as popular/as expensive as the HK416 uppers whenever they become available. I suspect no because the price of the MR762 isn't as inflated or climbing as high as the MR556.

New. H&K HK MR 762 A1 MR762 Power One Day Sale LOOK : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com
Used. *RARE* HK 417 MR762 Rifle .308 EXCELLENT COND. : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...ng-seems-theyre-not-selling-well-but-why.html

Once again, thanks for letting me know.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Drooler, I'd have to say the 417 uppers will never be as (if at all) desirable as the 416 uppers, for one simple reason, they are proprietary to the 417 lower. you can't just drop them onto a 7.62x51 AR pattern lower, they only fit on 417/MR762 lowers.

the only other version of the 417 I'm aware of is the G28, an even more accurized 417.. but I don't believe it is available in the States either... at least not yet? (but I'm not holding my breathe)...

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
I think the opposite. Given their scarcity, I think they would be very expensive if any ever did come on the market.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the only other version of the 417 I'm aware of is the G28, an even more accurized 417.. but I don't believe it is available in the States either... at least not yet? (but I'm not holding my breathe)...
I believe G28 is in fact derivative of the MR308 which won the 417 in the German trials.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was not aware that the HK417 upper will only fit the HK417 lower or MR762 lower. Thanks a bunch for the heads-up.

Whether this makes the HK417 upper more expensive or not is very interesting to think about. I guess the good news/bad news is that we won't know for probably a few years (when the first HK417 upper becomes available somehow through some LEO department having a spring sale, etc.)

Drooler, I'd have to say the 417 uppers will never be as (if at all) desirable as the 416 uppers, for one simple reason, they are proprietary to the 417 lower. you can't just drop them onto a 7.62x51 AR pattern lower, they only fit on 417/MR762 lowers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts