HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting my friends, it's been a while since I've posted anything. I have a baby on the way so my time is next to none...lol I have a LDI Dbal-A2 mounted at the 12 o'clock position on my rail. The problem is the DBal covers up my front flip up sight post completely. I want to keep the DBal in it's current position but I am wondering if I can use alternate BUIS that will work with my HK. I looked at Troy's Micro BUIS, but I think those are even lower then the stock HK ones. I am leaning toward KAC 600m flip ups. Any help is greatly appreciated... :)

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
If you get anything higher, you will loose co-witness with your Aimpoint. I have a KAC 600m rear available if you are so inclined; although, I can't say I recommend it.

·
Banned
879 Posts
What PB said.

With that being said, if you do, a swap out to a higher mount on your Micro will fix the co-witness if you change to standard AR style and height sights.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I went to a 660 LaRue mount on my T1 and went with Troy front and rear sights to overcome this issue with my PAC4C.

·
Registered
578 Posts
As stated, you can replace your irons with any standard height AR irons and they will sit higher. The downside here is that you will need a different cheek weld, and you will also have to re-compute all of your bullet drop POA/POI points for your rifle.

I'm also wondering how the hell you manipulate your DBAL with it in that position.

-W

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use a dual momentary pressure pad mounted forward at the 10 O'clock position. It controls the DBAL and my light. Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it. Looks like I'm going to change the BUIS to standard AR height and the Aimpoint mount to standard height. This way I will not loose my Co-witness. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts