HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1796 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think?

Heavily armed police officers walk from the garage of the Rayburn House Office building, seen at rear, after they responded to a report of gunfire on Capitol Hill Friday, May 26, 2006. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like 416's to me. You can faintly see the white/red pictogram markings on the receivers as well as the factory folding front site. Handguards look like HK type as well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HUKI365 said:
Nice! That one way back must've been an HK416. Love the look of them.
By the looks of things we do now have positive confirmation ..

A U.S. Capitol police officer stands guard after the evacuation of the U.S. Capitol building in Washington Monday, April 3, 2006. The buidling was evacuated shortly after noon after the building lost electric power. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Took the "?" out of the title. ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, Chef.

I like the new front page pic:

Just one more for reference sake!
;)

Police officer Piotr Brykalski from Poland looks at the new HK416 enhanced carbine designed by German firm Heckler and Koch at the 14th Paris Milipol 2005, the worldwide exhibition of internal state security, at Le Bourget , north of Paris, Tuesday Nov. 22, 2005. (AP Photo/Francois Mori)

·
Registered
105 Posts
BMS said:
I don't blame them, LOL :)
I disagree with you BMS. The HK G36K is a great weapon. HK put over 25,000 rounds through it in the Yuma, AZ desert without a single hicup and no cleaning.

Too bad the U.S. LE mind-set is for AR-based weapon design.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Red Cobra said:
I disagree with you BMS. The HK G36K is a great weapon. HK put over 25,000 rounds through it in the Yuma, AZ desert without a single hicup and no cleaning.

Too bad the U.S. LE mind-set is for AR-based weapon design.
Well in actuality I would say that both platforms are very solid ones. But, I was not really saying that the G-36 is a bad platform, however, I think the "AR" platform is a bit more universal and far more widely accepted. I agree with your statement that the US mind-set is for AR-type systems, but I think that is changing a little at a time. If I had the option to have either a G-36 or a 416 I would probably go with the G-36 simply because it's something new and different. But who knows, as I cannot have either!! :(

Best,
Brian :)

1 - 20 of 1796 Posts