HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I know a lot of people wanted HK416 laser engraving markings. I created a set based of date code AG/AH. I set up a few for some guys and thought I'd setup a shared DropBox to all the files you'll need. Please note that I matched the artwork to my date coded upper. HK tends to change up their fonts for different year sets, but this is pretty exact art for AG/AH 416s.

The EPS folder contains the vector files for your engraver. All the artwork was recreated using the same German font on date code AH HK416s. The HK logomark is already outlined and is based off the latest version of their rebranded logomark. All art is set to spec size.

You or your vendor will have to type set your SN to match your upper, so it is setup as an EPS template. There is another file containing the Helvetica Neue font that matches typography fairly close to the date coded 416s I used for reference.

The PDF folder is basically so you can review the art if you do not have a vector-based program or Adobe Illustrator.

Your vendor will need to use the ART_PLACEMENT PDF to proof from to get markings exactly where they need to be.

I have a Reference folder with various HK416 images, but I'm sure there are better ones out there if you want your vendors to review them first.

TIP: Have your vendor test engrave on the grip tang (area under the grip). Maybe test engrave the SN or your name. Some hardcoats are deeper or thicker than typical anodizing and if the laser isn't set right, the engraving can become washed out/tan looking.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/848nx0nf1x1lb96/_3LAHz9XQS

Good luck! Tommy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tommy,

This is very generous. I put about 12 hours into AI and trying to match the fonts and redrawing logos yesterday. Not sure if many people know how much work this is, but thank you.

JR

Hey guys,

I know a lot of people wanted HK416 laser engraving markings. I created a set based of date code AG/AH. I set up a few for some guys and thought I'd setup a shared DropBox to all the files you'll need. Please note that I matched the artwork to my date coded upper. HK tends to change up their fonts for different year sets, but this is pretty exact art for AG/AH 416s.

The EPS folder contains the vector files for your engraver. All the artwork was recreated using the same German font on date code AH HK416s. The HK logomark is already outlined and is based off the latest version of their rebranded logomark. All art is set to spec size.

You or your vendor will have to type set your SN to match your upper, so it is setup as an EPS template. There is another file containing the Helvetica Neue font that matches typography fairly close to the date coded 416s I used for reference.

The PDF folder is basically so you can review the art if you do not have a vector-based program or Adobe Illustrator.

Your vendor will need to use the ART_PLACEMENT PDF to proof from to get markings exactly where they need to be.

I have a Reference folder with various HK416 images, but I'm sure there are better ones out there if you want your vendors to review them first.

TIP: Have your vendor test engrave on the grip tank (area under the grip). Maybe test engrave the SN or your name. Some hardcoats are deeper or thicker than typical anodizing and if the laser isn't set right, the engraving can become washed out/tan looking.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/848nx0nf1x1lb96/_3LAHz9XQS

Good luck! Tommy

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem, fellas. It wasn't hard to design as that's what I do for a living. It was researching and searching for that dang German typeface and finding a real lower to get measurements from. All Good! If anyone has questions or needs anything else, you can email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And for the MR556 guys, you can send your lowers for refinishing at places like US Anodizing. Their hardcoat III matched my 416 upper perfectly and after 3 yrs of courses and matches, it hasn't scratched at all. But again, have your engraver test the laser settings on the grip tang to make sure it comes out nice and white.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the engraving on the grip tang of a 416? Or just what is engraved on the grip tang for a 416?

I found a picture of a MR556 and thought someone might have more information.

Thanks.

134d7e46.jpg

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone have a picture of the engraving on the grip tang of a 416? Or just what is engraved on the grip tang for a 416?

I found a picture of a MR556 and thought someone might have more information.

Thanks.

View attachment 17490
That's great, JR. If anyone has a picture of this area, I can setup a file template for it as well.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
hey man. is there any possible way you could make files for the HK M27? im doing a m27 clone and need the trades. if you could that would be great. or if you could some how modify the 416d into the m27 and the serial code to something along the lines of USMC-172-00035? Thanks in advance man!

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Thanks, this is excellent and I appreciate your sharing! ...another project in the queue

·
Registered
278 Posts
Question, where to buy the 80% lower. I thought CNC doesn't sell them anymore. And where to find someone who will do the markings without fear of copyright infringement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 62 Posts