HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of someone that knows where I can get a clone lower. My best guess is purchasing a HK416 80% lower, and send it off to get marked, then mill it out, and then send it to get anodized. Any thoughs, or help in my project are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The brownells BRN4 lowers are nice and are already milled out and just need engraved. I'm looking for the best place to send one for engraving as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That does look really nice. I'll have to get in contact with them. It is a much better, and cost-effective plan then I had originally. Thank you!

·
Registered
420 Posts
UnarmedWarWolf, I'm the guy you purchased the lower from on GunBroker - User ID: old_gunner, please use the files that I sent you as it contains the accurate markings, fonts, etc etc, everything your engraver will need. Note that the fonts on browna7171 is incorrect to the accurate markings. Just giving you a heads up.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I'm in need of someone that knows where I can get a clone lower. My best guess is purchasing a HK416 80% lower, and send it off to get marked, then mill it out, and then send it to get anodized. Any thoughs, or help in my project are greatly appreciated.
If you go down the route above... I would suggest milling, anodizing, then laser engraving. You can engrave first, but then it should be “deep engraved”, but then you will have to color fill after the anodizing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I saw your post you linked me to. I love your idea, and placed a order for your lower, and a Ghost Gunner 2 because I don't trust myself to be precise. I do have to ask what CNC bit would you recommend I use for the lettering for best results? I've been mucking arond the CNC software with a standard lower and I see where everything goes just not the bit to use.

UnarmedWarWolf, I'm the guy you purchased the lower from on GunBroker - User ID: old_gunner, please use the files that I sent you as it contains the accurate markings, fonts, etc etc, everything your engraver will need. Note that the fonts on browna7171 is incorrect to the accurate markings. Just giving you a heads up.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
You are correct sir- I missed that one before I gave the go ahead. Only HK could make me actually pause and consider paying another 400$ for a capital H, haha

·
Premium Member
204 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Just in from SALELASERS. They sent it out for the cerekote. Looks great and they charged a decent price. They have done a few that I have seen so they know what they are doing and have all the right info. Quick turn around too and I had to ship to them. 3 weeks end-to-end more or less.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just in from SALELASERS. They sent it out for the cerekote. Looks great and they charged a decent price. They have done a few that I have seen so they know what they are doing and have all the right info. Quick turn around too and I had to ship to them. 3 weeks end-to-end more or less.

Can you share what you paid?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts