HKPRO Forums banner

221 - 240 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
AGR,

Check out the Larue LT659-HK mount for the CompM4. It's designed for rifles with the higher rail like the HK416 or the SCAR. If you're using a M4 mount it's going to be too high and awkward.

-W

·
Registered
69 Posts
So here in PL we have a pretty warm winter this year so me and my friend teamed up 2gether 4 some zombie huntin on the range. Mine mr223 and p30LS his mr308

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
I took the riser off from the Aimpoint Pro. It lowered it to where it works perfectly with the lower HK sights. I have the red dot sitting right above my front sight post.

What kind of cowitness are you getting with the PRO?

·
Banned
879 Posts
The co-witness with a Pro mount with no spacer is a true co-witness.

Which unfortunatly means that the sight picture sucks.

The rear drum only has holes and no notches so it constantly obscures most of the FOV of the aimpoint and if you try to sight over the irons, you only get a small upper 1/3 window which is way too small for the likes of me.

Then again, i've never liked fixed irons(at least fixed rear irons) that had a "true" co-witness with the dot. Aimpoint *says* that the standard and Pro QRP mounts with the spacers are co-witnessed with standard AR sights. My experience says they are slightly under a true co-witness which is why I am not bothered by a flipped down rear BUIS and a standard A frame front sight post on a typical AR when using the QRP mounts with spacers. Take the spacer out or add in a fixed rear sight and the sight picture gets real cluttered, real fast. Take out the spacer and it goes to complete ****. Yes, the HK sights are slightly lower, but not enough to make a difference in my book.

I hate to say it, but as much as I love the HK sights, mine will be going up for sale here soon. I'm going to stick with standard AR type Flip up Irons and the QRP, possibly adding a bobro base to it later.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Finally finished mine!

HK factory rail covers
HK 416 convex butt pad
14.5 in barrel with perm attached AAC Blackout flashider (barrel turned to SOCOM profile and cut down my Jayson at IGF)
EOTech 511
Surefire M910A

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Somebody sell me a 416 10.4 upper please!
Nice Pics

Here are some of mine, sorry bad picture quality though.
Idk if you know this... But a HK416 upper will not work with your MR223 lower, the rear take down pin is offset on your 223 lower to prevent this.

And I'm not sure, but that would prob be illegal for someone in the US to sell/export gun parts to you in Canada.

Just sayin'

·
Registered
14 Posts
nice MR556

hello
some pics of my HK MR223 (french)
barrel turned to SOCOM profile and cut down to 14.5 inches
ACOG TA31RCO
Surefire X400
Tango down vertical grip
Magpul MIAD