HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Who's selling these Rifles ?

I would love to purchase a 416 style rifle, I see Cali has allowed them, How can I get one into New York State ???

Oh, I feel the HK disease coming back

Or can I get an upper ?? and who is selling them ??

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ted,

You would only be able to buy the upper receiver kit because all Hk 416 lowers are in the US are registered as post-sample machine guns.

The uppers are pulled off the lowers by dealers that then sell them on the open market. There is very limited supply so expect to pay from $3,500 - $4,500 for an upper receiver kit if you find one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here are some pictures of my HK 416 N service rifle (I'm in the Norwegian army). Though I'm not actually the owner, they seem to fit in this thread.

The sight is an Aimpoint CompM4, which is our standard sight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cali Legal Machine Gun ???

They allow permanent fixed 10 round mags on a Class 3 weapon in Cali ??

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Unless you're LEO, no!

I would venture to say that all pictured 416 (from Cali) are all Semi-Auto, fixed mag, 16" overall length barrels! Otherwise you can expect a visit from a certain blackboot guvmnt agency.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Majestic, or anyone, what kind of sight is that on your very sweet 416?

I am not Majestic, but the optic on his 416 is an Insights Technology ISM-V. It is a red dot optic with a co-aligned visible red laser. They also make an ISM-IR that has both visible & IR lasers with an IR illuminator.

It was also seen quit a bit on top of some XM8s when they were testing them. I think they are a good optic but it has not caught on. And they are pricey, the V version is about $1300 retail and the IR is over $4K retail.

Lynn

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am not Majestic, but the optic on his 416 is an Insights Technology ISM-V. It is a red dot optic with a co-aligned visible red laser. They also make an ISM-IR that has both visible & IR lasers with an IR illuminator.

It was also seen quit a bit on top of some XM8s when they were testing them. I think they are a good optic but it has not caught on. And they are pricey, the V version is about $1300 retail and the IR is over $4K retail.

Lynn
Yep - ISM-V. Just the civilian version with the red dot and laser - no IR capability. I thought it would be neat to pick one of these up for my 416. They're a little bulky but very light and all around fantastic. Double tap the pressure pad and it toggles the laser on which is a nice little feature. Lots of people try to sell them for $1200-$1300 but if you shop around you can find them much cheaper. I figured I'd be willing to buy a Red DotAimpoint for $300-$400.. and a laser for another couple hundred.. so I didn't mind paying $750 for the ISM-V (for a lighter all in one unit).

·
Registered
41 Posts
im curious, how did you get a 416 upper into ca? you must have paid a buttload and a half for it. have you posted in calguns? i only ask beause i post there regularly, and don't ever remember seeing a pic of a Ca legal 416 based AR.

i'd like to get a 416 upper but ill wait til the price goes down in... like 4 years.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
DR
Thanks for posting the photos. Looks like the HK416 N unique features are:
1. 16" barrel
2. Folding front sight - barrel mounted (a la the HK416 20" barrel)
3. Polymer ejection port cover
The furniture is now standard on the 416.
Would love to see a close up of the internals (bolt group and buffer).
Good stuff. Keep that piston clean! :)
G3Kurz

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem G3Kurz. I'm afraid I can't post any pictures of the internals though, as our weapons have been locked away before we take our christmas leave (three weeks of civilian goodness ;)).

·
HKPro Professional
732 Posts
Has the gas block been modified on the HK416 N? It appears as though some material has been removed from the bottom.

Tspeis

·
Registered
23 Posts
Greg haven't been around a lot ,but welcome to the club!! GREAT piece and please don't try to break this one!! lol! HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Nice grip!

For crying out loud.;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
These pictures are pretty sweet!

My question is how do all of you guys have HK416's? Are all the guns here owned by LE and Military? I know they just announce the MR556 & 762, I guess I just don't understand. I am going to buy an AR type before the political climate makes it impossible for me to own one. I have owned a gun and hunted my entire life. My last two purchases for hunting(Beretta Xtrema 2 and 300 Weatherby) have proven to be much more cut and dry than knowing the can's and can not's of the AR-15 type guns(complete rifles, uppers, lowers).

I am as you guys call them a NEWB.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Most just purchase the uncontrolled HK upper and then attach it to an AR type lower receiver...then either SBR it or pin on some type of barrel extension to make the barrel over 16" in length.

I believe Class III or SOT type guys can have the real thing for one reason or another....but can't offer up any details on that. We need a Class III guru or SOT to chime in on that.

You don't have to be .mil or LEO to own an HK416 upper assembly...just need the $$$.

Maj

41 - 60 of 744 Posts